Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
185 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
Sure, why not? Hence my desire to also raise Mason and Leafcutter bees besides my Honeybees for an example. Being boarder line diabetic, I am surely not in it for the honey nor do I even care to make a profit on the honey. At the moment, with only having 7 hives, I am more interested in seeing them all make it through the upcoming winter in good health and free to go out to pollinate and forage again. I don't know how old you are but I can remember back when I was a kid that I could not walk in the grass without getting stung by a honeybee. Those were rare moments as I got much older and not even seeing a honeybee. At least as beekeepers, we are contributing. All pollinators have my respects.

Reactions: Gypsi

· Registered
185 Posts
This is for Wil,
Have you tested your glucose before and after use of honey?
Last year, when I was diagnosed with diabetes, I had one of those Libre things in my arm. I found that my use of honey did not affect my glucose.
Thanks for addressing this. I do monitor my glucose but so far I have been told by my Veterans Administration doctor to take a reading in the morning and then 2 hours after my biggest meal in the evening. It runs anywhere from 105 to 110 in the morning to 115 to 125 in the evening. I am supposed to do this twice a week. I never thought about checking before and after eating honey.

Reactions: Gypsi
1 - 2 of 2 Posts