Are you kidding me?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jun 13, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

So I post a question on my "update to my chances" thread.
    I go outside and fire up the barbeque and throw on some beef, my wife does the taters and salad (first harvest from our raised beds :thumbsup:). We sit down and finish a great supper.
    I'm just getting up from the table when the phone rings. Telemarketer I figure, always calling at suppertime when they know you're home.
    I go over to the phone and see the number of the caller and I figure, geez, I've never seen an area code like that before, maybe I should answer it. :dontknow:
    Anyways I take the leap and answer it.
    "Hello" I says.
    I'm pretty sure the voice on the other end says "Hi" back.
    A little bit of silence passes and the voice says "You'll never guess who this is".
    Now I'm stumped, but the voice sounds like it has a heavy American accent (sorry folks, but y'all sound funny to us Canadians :lol:).
    It sounded vaguely familiar and then a light bulb went off. I'd heard this voice on a podcast.
    Holy smokes, it can't be? :shock:.....................................................................

"Hiya doing Iddee" :yahoo:

You could have peeled me off the ceiling folks, but I got a direct answer from Randleman, North Carolina, and a good one too, probably saved me a whole lot of problems.

Anybody tells you there is a better forum than this one, tell 'em from me,

"I don't think so!" :mrgreen:

Just before we hung up I said "You realize I've got your number now" :twisted:
    "That's alright" he says "I've got yours too". :eek:

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Yep ol' Iddee is a pretty good one to talk to.

Talked to him a couple of times, matter of fact talked to Charles, Crackerbee, and a couple of others.

Cracker and me even done a couple of cut outs.

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

cant beat the forum just a big family willing to help dont find that often in forums:thumbsup:

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

I think old, old, old, old Iddee just like makin' call to Canada...

He ran me down once by phone when I was vacationing in BC a couple of years back.

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I couldn't have said it better. :thumbsup:

Perry said:

Accent???? :shock: I thought it was everybody else that sounded funny! :roll:

6. ablanton

ablanton New Member

Y'all have those up there??? I thought we just had 'em in North Carolina! :rolling:

7. blueblood

blueblood New Member

That's cool...American accent, I have always wondered what we sound like to those outside of the country. Of course, we think those folks living below the mason/dixon line sound funny to us, ha!

I am surprised someone hasn't set up an msn live audio/video chate here somewhere.

8. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a blueblood snip..
    Of course, we think those folks living below the mason/dixon line sound funny to us, ha!

tecumseh:
    a long long time ago while during a tour of duty with the bees in North Dakota us southern boys always got a bit of ribbing for how slow we talked. on more than one occasion this resulted in someone buying us lots of free drinks since evidently they enjoy hearing an accent that didn't sound like them.

9. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

I wonder if they can tell the difference between someone from the Bronx and someone from Ten Mile, TN? Or do we all just sound American?

And does someone from Nova Scotia sound different from someone from Vancouver, ay?

10. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Funny you mention that Greg.
    When I was explaing the situation to the Mother and daughter, the mother asked me if I was from "out west". (I am, the Vancouver area)
    Maritimers do have a distinct accent and Newfoundlanders are darn near impossible for anybody to understand! :lol:

11. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

neat perry and iddee,
    :grin:
    ef said this in another thread "what one beek friend won't do for another!"