Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So while looking at the design trends thread i was surprised to see how many people were very very anti fake grass.

I am currently saving up to do over our garden and after a year wrestling with the grass (we have a tree that drys out one end of the garden (under a tpo) and a marshy area at the other with sun being scant on one side - keeping the grass nice was almost impossible - even with a lawn treatment company coming in every few weeks.

So I had my heart set on some fake turf (the best quality we could afford so its not greengrocer grass!) but seeing how many of you were very veheminant against it got me wondering if i'll be making a mistake.

Would artificial turf put you off a House? (it will be landscaped into the garden - so not a weirdly perfect square of green)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
So while looking at the design trends thread i was surprised to see how many people were very very anti fake grass.

I am currently saving up to do over our garden and after a year wrestling with the grass (we have a tree that drys out one end of the garden (under a tpo) and a marshy area at the other with sun being scant on one side - keeping the grass nice was almost impossible - even with a lawn treatment company coming in every few weeks.

So I had my heart set on some fake turf (the best quality we could afford so its not greengrocer grass!) but seeing how many of you were very vehement against it got me wondering if i'll be making a mistake.
best artificial grass for cats
Would artificial turf put you off a House? (it will be landscaped into the garden - so not a weirdly perfect square of green)
thanks in advance

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have installed artificial grass in my back garden and I am extremely happy with the result. I researched a lot before installing it. First of all, you need to decide how you want your garden to look like. Artificial grass is available in different colors and textures. While you are setting out your budget, forget about the grass and think about the space you want to cover. And make sure you choose the right company. Artificial grass is a long term investment so you need to be extra careful while choosing your contractor. After installation, there is some care needed to maintain the look. If you are looking to save some water a natural way, then I would suggest you to think about artificial grass.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Do you need the grass for kids games etc? if not, could put down a carpet of succulents sedums graptopetalums etc and make clear paths where you walk. They propagate very easily from cuttings. Stops ground erosion, keeps ground cooler, can look pretty or decorative ( many colours and forms), provides some nectar for bees.

·
Registered
900 Posts
artificial grass is nothing but a mix of toxic chemicals that the bees and other insects have to deal with...It may look nice and for sports arenas fine, but your own backyard and house no, I wouldnt, but its a personal choice up to you..and it doesnt last forever...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts