as Planters would say....

Discussion in 'Raising Queens' started by Zookeep, Apr 8, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

the perfect peanut :grin: what I have been doing is adding honey supers to my bigger hives and a excluder and I move a few drawn comb and also 1 frame of new brood from the 2nd box into the new box, this the 3rd time and and all 3 times I have gotten perfect peanuts just like this, just cut this 1 out and moved it to a small nuc with some other frames. the few frames of comb and honey I moved up gets the bees to cross the excluder and draw out more comb, been working great.

Attached Files:

2. Zulu

Zulu Member

Very very nice, sounds like a great plan too

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Are you running a top entrance also?

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Bottom entrance with 2-9inch brood boxes then excluder then a 9 with a 1 inch hole just under handle, we are in the upper 80s all ready so venting gonna be a big part of beekeeping down here

5. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

just checked my 5 new nucs and 4 of them have laying queens now, 5th is up in the air, I kinda hope I dont find any more peanuts, I wont destroy them but Im way over what I wanted for my 1st year back into it:lol: 4 triples,6 doubles, 6 single deeps, and now 9 nucs, 8 of the 9 are ready for full deeps, I think I have a problem I need bees anonymous(and more boxes of course)
    I need to pull back somehow and just enjoy the ride for a while (and maybe some1 could add a 8th day the the week)