Beekeeping Forums banner

As the song goes "Do you remember?"

2K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  G3farms 
#1 ·
Today being 9/11, where were you the morning of 9/11 when the towers fell?

Any comments?

#5 ·
I remember i was just getting off work at boeing when word of the first plane hit before I arrived home the 2nd tower was hit. Looking back I had no idea how much these events would change our lifes forever :(

#6 ·
I was on my way to a job interview and had spent all morning preparing. I had not turned on the TV or radio. I walked into the interview and could not figure out why everyone was upset and staring blankly. Needless to say, the interview did not go well.

One thing I remember is the bright blue sky with NO contrails.

My in-laws were driving to Cleveland and saw a plane do a u-turn over their heads, and thought "how odd." It was the plane that eventually went down in PA.

#9 ·
I had risin' early (nothing new there) gone to work a yard and was on the way back to the house when I stopped by my mechanic's place to get him to scheduled a little repair job and the news report was on his tv.

rast writes:
I do remember also the swelling feeling inside, the want to do something in retribution. The even worse feeling of feeling so impotent. Nothing or nobody to strike out at. Oh, I wanted to so badly.

tecumseh:
likely one of the most honest replies I have read in regards to an episodes like 9-11. perfectly honest, but still extremely dangerous (in a collective sense).

upon figuring out it wasn't just poor piloting skills that had created the circumstance of 9-11 my first thought was... well this will give us some cause to go somewhere and beat up on someone whether they deserve it or not. I still believe that our response to 9-11 was largely knee jerk and poorly considered. since so much emotion was quickly attached to this issue it did prevent most folks from even considering the proper set of questions for quite some time.

#11 ·
tecumseh:
likely one of the most honest replies I have read in regards to an episodes like 9-11. perfectly honest, but still extremely dangerous (in a collective sense).

I agree tecumseh. In times like that it is always better for cooler heads to prevail. Kneejerk reactions means the other party is controlling me.

#12 ·
I had forgotten abuot the planes not flying for the next few days, that was kind of weird but nice in a way since there is an airport across the river from us. It is the Knoxville airport and the national guard has a base there as well, they run the big refuelers out of there, some days you would swear that you could see the boom operator in the rear of the plane they are so low.

G3

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.