Asparagus on muffin

Discussion in 'Lunches and Snacks' started by Ladyleo191, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

A friend of mine told me about this quick snack last week, but I've been busy in the garden and haven't gotten to the store yet to get muffins.

On a split English muffin, put a slice of tomato and cover that with a slice of Mozzarella cheese. Then put a couple of asparagus spears on top and broil or place in a toaster oven til the cheese is well melted and the muffin edges are browned.

She sometimes uses leftover roasted asparagus (just drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast at 350 degrees F til done to your satisfaction), and other times uses raw.

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

:shock: Well i was going to have a small salad, with fried morrel mushrooms, baked beans ahd fries for lunch. Now i don't know what to do. :mrgreen: Jack

3. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Ladyleo and Jack- both of your meals sound fabulous to me.
    Now let me go dig in the refrigerator and see what I can muster up.

4. pturley

pturley New Member

Leftover roasted asparagus and eggs is excellent on an English muffin. Particularly with a bit of cheese.

The tomatoes sound very good as well.

Sincerely,
    Paul E. Turley

5. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

oh.my! We will have to give this a try soon.

6. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Hey Mama Beek, I found some hibiscius for making tea with Monday. I'm going to give that hibiscus tea a try. I presume you just steep the dried hibiscus to make the tea? Work has been stressful and the blood pressure is creeping up again.

7. mixiebug

mixiebug New Member

Oh, this sounds delicious! I guess I know what I'm making for brunch tomorrow.

8. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Sorry for the late reply srvfan! Yes, you just steep the hibiscus like any other tea...I've taken to mixing it with green tea for the added benefit to my blood pressure and it's very tasty :D