Attention Bee Club/Assn Officers Unite

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Big Bear, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Big Bear

Big Bear New Member

I would like to create a communication network of bee club officers from all around the U.S.

I am the President of the Omaha Bee Club, 85 beekeepers strong in Omaha, Nebraska.

my hope is that by talking and sharing ideas, etc.. that we can help each other. perhaps help each other with presentations, materials, etc...

I am also extending this invitation on facebook and google plus to beekeepers I am in contact with so I expect there will be a private group either on FB or (more likely) G+ to facilitate interaction and discussion.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

4. Lburou

Lburou Member

Perhaps Admin could add a forum where anyone could post an outline for activities and lectures....Or, report a successful event with their club or bee association. Links to videos, even powerpoint slides would be a resource for beekeepers everywhere, whether they are speaking at their children's school or presenting classes for beginners. :)

5. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

I am the Secretary and handle the newsletter... and Steve is on the board.
    Yadkin County Beekeepers Association. North Carolina. We are smaller than some, average about 60 members or so...and not on the main NC list. .Meet the second Monday eve, of every month, pot luck or soup dinner, depending... 6pm meeting, if anyone is in the area, PM us! Everyone is welcome, It would be great to have you. This thread is a great idea.

6. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

I'm on the Board of the Indiana State Beekeepers Assn. Also very involved with a local club.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

We only have around 230 registered keepers in the entire province, and we are quite spread out.
    Sadly, this year, I am probably (reluctantly) not going to renew my membership ($115) with our provincial beekeeping association. :sad:
    In the light of some of the developments that have occurred over the last year or so I find the association has become little more than a "buffer" for our provincial government and some of the policies have become completely counterproductive to the welfare of all beekeepers in this province.
    After talking with another keep here, :wink: we have decided to perhaps pursue a different avenue to engage all beekeepers, regardless of size or experience.

8. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

$115! Ouch! I think our state association is $20 a year, and anyone who volunteers to work at our booth at the State Fair gets their membership free.

9. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

10. G3farms

G3farms New Member

$115 :shock::shock: Our local bee club is only $10 and state is $10.

must be that currency exchange thing :lol:

11. tefer2

tefer2 New Member

12. DLMKA

DLMKA New Member

13. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

great idea Big Bear. we have informally tried to to the same thing here but either distance or folks motivations has not encouraged this process of link the various bee clubs in the state. we have had good success in the past in having folks from not too far away come and participate as speakers in our bee school which I think is at least a small part of it's success.

of course since I have recently stepped aside from my own duties as officer of our bee club none of this applies to me directly.

14. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I am the president of the Knox County Beekeepers Association in Knoxville, TN. This is my first year as president. We have roughly 180 members at present.

15. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

nice link tefer2.