Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
The following is a clip from the article referenced above:
If you do disturb an Africanized honeybee colony, follow these steps to protect yourself:
1. Run.
2. Cover your head with your shirt or jacket while running because Africanized bees tend to sting the face and head.

Haha. I could see someone doing that.
:chased::dash1::rolling:
If i did that I'd end up running into a pond or brick wall or something and someone would've ended up getting it on video.

James

·
Registered
974 Posts
Have to wonder if it was imported, rather than migration..... makes a big difference for other beekeepers in area.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I would say imported from a more southern state. That is just the next county over from me, but still hate to hear it.

·
Registered
164 Posts
For those in East Tennessee, there is supposed to be a news story on it tonight at 11 on 6 news.

James

·
Super Moderator
3,580 Posts
Africanized bees don't seem to be as bad a nuisance as fire ants. They are both all over Texas. I've never noticed the bees.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I don't know what would be worse, the bee stings or the cpr I'd require from running.
it would be the cpr required from running after you had already been stung.......:grin:

thanks for the links to the news articles, i don't envy you keepers in the south, or the 'media attention fallout' that this will bring to each of you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts