Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been baling hay for the last couple of weeks. Closing in on around 400 round bales and 800 square bales for the year.

Not bad for a one man operation, wife did come out today and raked for me, man was that sweet or what. Sure did save me a bunch of time.

Broke a chain on the round baler late this afternoon, so we called it quits for the day.

25 more acres to go then off to the last field.

G3

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
G3farms said:
Not bad for a one man operation, wife did come out today and raked for me, man was that sweet or what. Sure did save me a bunch of time.
Sounds like a keeper :)

Never bailed hay, Only delivered and stacked it....then I got smart and started hiring college kids :lol:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I knew a guy who always brought the hay in on his horse-drawn wagon. Beautiful pair of Belgians. Figured if those horses wanted to eat the hay, they could work for it!

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It is about 160 acres all total, 8 different fields. Cut, tedder, rake and bale all by my lonesome twice a year. Sometimes my wife will come and rake for me which saves me a ton of time. Almost time to start feeding, will not be long and I am looking for a hard winter this year, we are due one.

G3

1 - 5 of 5 Posts