Barter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Jan 22, 2013.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Sometimes it's the only way to go.

I met a lady sculptor through a good friend of mine at one of his shows. I really like her work and we chatted for a bit. She came by the house one day and bought some honey and asked if I also collected "that sticky stuff bees use to glue things". I indeed had some propolis and gave her some.
    Well she called me up yesterday asking if she could purchase some, a larger amount. I knew she was wanting more for health reasons so I told her to come and get what she needed. She asked the price and I told her it was on special today ..... free!
    She came and picked up what she wanted and asked if I could save more for her and I said sure. She also bought another jar of honey. As she left she said "I left a little something outside for you".
    A few minutes later I walked outside to discover this beautiful garden figure. It is about 2 feet tall and is made out of some canvass type material. It is based on the story of Evangeline and the Acadians. I wish you could see and appreciate the detail on this but these pictures will have to do.
    I will include a link to her work. http://kristiesheehy.com/index.php?id=22&PHPSESSID=690c20350004b9f730277657c9b77373

Evangeline figure 005.jpg Evangeline figure 004.jpg

2. blueblood

blueblood New Member

That is pretty neat! I love to barter over cash anytime...

3. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

wow! love it!

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

What a great piece, what a talented artist. At the price her sculptures have sold for you have come out better on the end of that deal. How far away is she from you I goggled her address and her area looks like it would be good for bee forage if not to far away. Fields, ponds for water, wild areas where weeds would be abundant, trees for protection.

5. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

Thank you Perry for today's history lesson. I've spent a good part of my morning learning about Longfellow's poem, the French colony of Acadia, the British conquest, the Great Expulsion and several other bits of history I knew little about.