Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spent yeaterday evening in a deer stand with my grandson Ricky. Saw no deer but did see 4 bears. Of course bear season in Jones Co doesn't open until Mon.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
I've been hearing all about how wonderful bear meat is and my kids would love to go bear hunting someday. Do you usually hunt bear? Can you tell us a little about it?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't hunt bear with dogs as I do for '*****. Each year in early Dec. they show up near my deer stand (And the deer disappear). I then attempt to ambush them from my stand. Actually I'm more interested in having my grandson kill one than for me to do so. Though I do think it would be great to show up for the annual Christmas parade dressed in a bear skin, holding a buffalo lance riding an indian pony.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Redcrane said:
Though I do think it would be great to show up for the annual Christmas parade dressed in a bear skin, holding a buffalo lance riding an indian pony.
You are starting to sound like a lot of my husband's family Redcrane!

·
Registered
6,487 Posts
our canadian family raise a lot of cattle deep in bear country in northern BC. Uncle Jack (a REAL cowboy.. no posing necessary) told me once that after skinning out a bear he had killed he never could shoot one again because the sinned bear look so much like a human.

during my summer vacation I saw a number of black bear in BC... quite typically a mom with a set of twins.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts