bears

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redcrane, Dec 11, 2010.

1. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

Spent yeaterday evening in a deer stand with my grandson Ricky. Saw no deer but did see 4 bears. Of course bear season in Jones Co doesn't open until Mon.

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I've been hearing all about how wonderful bear meat is and my kids would love to go bear hunting someday. Do you usually hunt bear? Can you tell us a little about it?

3. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Mmmm. Deerskin boots trimmed with bear fur.

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Hobie, you took the words right out of my mouth! :thumbsup:

5. Redcrane

Redcrane New Member

I don't hunt bear with dogs as I do for 'coons. Each year in early Dec. they show up near my deer stand (And the deer disappear). I then attempt to ambush them from my stand. Actually I'm more interested in having my grandson kill one than for me to do so. Though I do think it would be great to show up for the annual Christmas parade dressed in a bear skin, holding a buffalo lance riding an indian pony.

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

You are starting to sound like a lot of my husband's family Redcrane!

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

our canadian family raise a lot of cattle deep in bear country in northern BC. Uncle Jack (a REAL cowboy.. no posing necessary) told me once that after skinning out a bear he had killed he never could shoot one again because the sinned bear look so much like a human.

during my summer vacation I saw a number of black bear in BC... quite typically a mom with a set of twins.