Beauty with bee products

Discussion in 'Products of the Hive' started by RachelHaygoodNC, Jun 3, 2012.

1. RachelHaygoodNC

RachelHaygoodNC New Member

Bee products make great additions to your at home facial masks and beauty preparations due to their chemical compositions.

Adding honey to your soaps and shampoos will add considerable volume to your hair. Honey it its raw state not only adds diameter to the hair shaft but increases hair growth for those with hair loss.

For clear skin, honey can be heated in a bowl placed in a pot of hot water and applied to freshly steamed skin. Honey moisturizes your skin and hair, making it a great natural conditioner for your hair and scalp without the nasty chemicals found in commercial conditioners.

2. Murrell

Murrell New Member

3. Omie

Omie New Member

I don't use masks or beauty preparations, but I definitely feel more beautiful when my hair and hands smell like beeswax and woodsmoke, after I work my hives.

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

At 67, I still have a full head of hair. Maybe it's from all those overhead cutouts...... :???:

5. RachelHaygoodNC

RachelHaygoodNC New Member

Beeswax is one of the best smells in the world. I think it adds dimension to everything it is in from food emulsifiers to natural recipes. I am not sure if honey has the same effect on hair taken internally but it very well could. It does prolong your life so it probably does something for your hair as well. More than anything I notice it is moisturizing.