Bee and Honey Inquiry

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Dec 14, 2010.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Have any of you received one of these through the mail,got mine yesterday.You can fill out the survey and send it back or do it on line, and if they don't hear from you,someone will contact you by phone, Thought i'd ask what some of you thought about it, Good or Bad ??? Jack

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Haven't seen it. Can you post a link?

3. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

4. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Sorry about that ,you have to have a survey code no. they give you. The letter says.
    '

In December,the U.S departmentof agriculture's National Agriculture Statistics Servive (NASS) will conduct the annual Bee and Honey Survey.This survey provides comprehensive information about honey production and value in the United States.

Nearly 8,000 producers in all 50 states will be askl to participate in this national survey,which focuses on all apiaries with 5 or more colonies.NASS will gether information on number of colonies,honey production,stocks,and prices.

If we do not receive your response by December 27, a NASS representative will conact you by telephone and help you complete the survey at that time.

Sincerely
    Hubert Hamar
    Chair,Agricult
    ural Statistics Board

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Have not recieved one of those or been contacted. Jack how did they know you had bees, are your hives registered with the state?

6. Murrell

Murrell New Member

I was wondering the same thing.

Murrell

7. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

That is what i was wondering, that's why i posted this to see if anyone else got one. :confused: No i'm not registered with the state, although the Mo. Governor got a jar of my honey with name and address when our Farmers Market gave him a gift basket for giving us an award for best Farmers Market. :thumbsup: I don't think that had anything to do with this, This came from the USDA dept. Jack

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

nothing like that arrived here. you must be the chosen one

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

OH! you are in big trouble Jack. likely homeland security picked up on your conversation about nucs and they are now preparing a nice warm spot for you at Gitmo.

10. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

If they try to take me away from all the Christmas candy my wife is making, They will have a fight on there hands. :lol: Jack