bee attacks in the news

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by tecumseh, Jun 9, 2010.

1. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

curious web site:

http://www.stingshield.com/news.htm

seems to be a lot of repetition of articles and of course you can discount any Fox news reports as being more akin to old women gossiping. It does appear however the incident of africanized bee incidents is on the rise in some parts of the country.

not all the accounts identify the stinging insects as killer bees.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I remember when I was a kid and the "killer bees" first became big news. There was a two page story in the Weekly Reader that all of the schools used about how dangerous and horrible the killer bees were. After that every kid in school would run off screaming at the sight of anything with wings. Now I wonder just how much that had to do with me making poor little Baby Beek wait over ten years to get the bees she asked for all the time?!

The news organizations really should learn some more responsible methods of "reporting" the "news"!

4. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

perhaps Iddee and Al and I are the only persons here that might remembers the old Dragnet TV show. Joe Friday's sidekick Frank Smith was always instructing witness with the line 'just the facts mam' when the witness's story line became more like gossip.... perhaps modern day new folks should heed his advice?

as a question... should beekeepers drop the 'killer bee' tag and use some description more exact.

5. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

I thought we had. Isn't that why the term Africanized Honey Bee was promoted as the proper/more accurate name?

Besieds, it isn't the killer bees that worry my nephew, it's the killer D minuses. (Charles Schulz)

6. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

like all news the tag " if it bleeds it leads ", there is little acounting for taste in news anymore, and the more drama--less need for the finer details--even though those finer details may make the aritcle make real sense and less exciting.