Bee Bee tree seed for sale (Korean Evodia) Free shipping in

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by John67x, Oct 2, 2010.

1. John67x

John67x New Member

I've got Bee Bee tree seeds for sale. These trees provide an excellent source of nectar yielding bloom from July well into August. This late bloom is what makes these trees so valuable to both bees and and bee keepers. The seeds themselves are also attractive to birds. I have four mature trees and standing under them in August the hum from the bee activity is just tremendous. Pricing for seeds is $10 for 100 seeds. Free shipping in USA. I now have stratified seed. This seed only requires a 24 hr soak in water prior to sowing in soil. Any questions you may have I will be happy to answer. Contact me here or at John677x@yahoo.com. :hi: Many folks have asked so I wanted to update post to say I do still have seeds as well as seedlings available as of 4/04/2012. See my seedling post here for details on them. I can offer good bulk price to any clubs, organizations or beekeeping supply companies as well. I have pictures of trees in posted here in photo gallery section of forum and more at this link:http://s1140.photobucket.com/albums/n578/john677x/

2. XLB

XLB New Member

Re: Bee Bee tree seeds for sale (Korean Evodia) Free shippin

i've never heard of these kind of trees, do you have any pics?

3. John67x

John67x New Member

Re: Bee Bee tree seeds for sale (Korean Evodia) Free shippin

I have put up some good photos of the trees in the photo gallery section of forum.

4. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Re: Bee Bee tree seed for sale (Korean Evodia) Free shipping

Not having heard of this tree before, I did a search and found this web site.
    http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/st242
    Under the pest section, it states to watch where it is placed because it attracts bees in large numbers.
    Wind damage is a possibility. That makes it questionable in my part of the country.

5. indypartridge

indypartridge New Member

What's the typical growth rate of these? How long from a sprout to, say, a 6 foot sapling? Fast growing like maples & poplars?

6. John67x

John67x New Member

A sapling can grow as much as 5-6ft in a single growing season, mine certainly did. They are known as a somewhat fast growing tree and I believe quicker than a maple. I have 2 maples twice as old as my Bee bee's and one is just as big as maples, others not far behind. I grew them from seed indoors over winter and then planted them in spring and they just hit the ground running. I suppose growth depends on location. I never fertilized them or babied them at all, just let mother nature do her thing. The only thing I've done is prune them to keep wind damage in check. Never had any significant wind damage and the trees have definitely seen their share of high winds. I'd think growth might be similar to what my trees did here in Pennsylvania Indypartridge, they aren't picky about soil Ph and growing season about the same?

7. 2Tall

2Tall New Member

Do all the trees bloom?

8. John67x

John67x New Member

My first tree bloomed with no other Bee Bee Tree around that I am aware of. I grew 7 trees from seed and they all bloom. I have heard some say only the "male" tree produces flowers but I don't believe that's correct. I have read they are monoclinous, or bisexual. I believe this is correct. The trees have both male and female flowers on 1 tree. If you have 1 tree, it will flower, and the bees will come and enjoy them. A mature tree will get hundreds of softball sized flower clusters and its not uncommon to see as many as 20 bees on a singe cluster!

9. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood New Member

Do the Korean Evodia seeds need to stratify to germinate? If that's the case, one would want to get them started right away.
    Would you consider selling smaller packages? 100 is alot of seeds. What's the germination rate? Do you get good germination?

10. John67x

John67x New Member

The seed should be stratified for good germination %. You can let mother nature do it or pop them in the freezer with moist soil for a few weeks and then soak in water for 24 hrs prior to sowing them. Now is a great time to grow them up inside and plant come spring as you'll have a good size seedling ready. This is how I started all my trees. Germination is pretty good on stratified seed from my experience.

11. John67x

John67x New Member

Many folks have asked so I wanted to update post to say I do still have seed available as of 10/09/2011. In addition, I can offer good bulk price to any clubs, organizations or beekeeping supply companies as well.

12. John67x

John67x New Member

Many folks have asked so I wanted to update post to say I do still have seed available as of 02/10/2011. In addition, I can offer good bulk price to any clubs, organizations or beekeeping supply companies as well.

13. John67x

John67x New Member

Many folks have asked so I wanted to update post to say I do still have seed available as of 03/03/2011. In addition, I can offer good bulk price to any clubs, organizations or beekeeping supply companies as well.

14. Zulu

Zulu Member

Ok but I have paid using Paypal , sent email and PM's and still have no reply....

15. John67x

John67x New Member

Hi Rick, I did receive payment through paypal on Feb 25th, a Friday. They went in the mail on the 28th, Monday. I am quite sure I sent them and would be surprised if you didn't receive them this week. I will be happy to send out another (no charge) if you don't receive them by the 9th. Please let me know whether or not they arrived.

16. Zulu

Zulu Member

Thanks John
    I am traveling - like most weeks. Just hadn't seen an email or PM reply

Thanks a lot.

Rick

17. John67x

John67x New Member

I still have seed available as of 4-7-2011.

18. fillycate

fillycate New Member

I am interested in Bee Bee Tree seeds! I live on 6 acres in the middle of Oregon forest land and am doing my best to create bee-feeding landscaping.

19. John67x

John67x New Member

I still have a good supply available, I sent you a PM fillycate.

20. John67x

John67x New Member

I now have stratified seed. This seed only requires a 24 hr soak in water prior to sowing in soil.