Bee club Christmas Party

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by brooksbeefarm, Dec 5, 2012.

1. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Had our club Christmas party last night,116 members out of the 178 members showed up.:thumbsup: Had a good meal, with four ladies playing Christmas carols with bells, very talented.Our president for the last 5 yrs. wanted to step down and our new elected president from the last bee club meeting was introduced along with our new club treasure. Awards was passed out to our old president and treasure, but the big surprise was they gave me the Bee keeper of the year award:shock:. Maybe i'll start getting more respect from the old timers now.:lol: Jack

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

:shock: I didn't know Iddee was in your club!?!? :shock:

That is great Jack, good on ya!

I missed our Christmas party, it was Monday, had an emergency call at the paper mill.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

We had ours last night, too. I hope it went well, as I was in the hospital being ran through the MRI machine, 50 mile from home.

4. kebee

kebee Active Member

Had pot luck lunch at our bee meeting last night, they usually email about this and I never knew about being the first year in the club, and I had already eating before I got there, had some derset though. Had a good meeting found out they order package bees, to late already order mine but could have saved some money though.

kebee

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"the big surprise was they gave me the Bee keeper of the year award"

congratulations jack :grin:

6. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Ditto on what Riverbee said. I will add that you come from a large, active club. Therefore; it is quite an honor to be their "beekeeper of the year." Good on you.

7. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Congratulations Jack, and might I add, I'm not surprised. :wink:

8. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

A great honor! Attaboy! :clapping:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

we shall have our in just about one week.

10. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

Gratz jack, perfect keep to get it, wish there was a club near me sounds like fun, guess I should just be happy Im a keep:grin:

11. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

What great support, in our area if we get 25 to show for a meeting with a club membership of 40 we think it is a good turn out. Congrats on new beekeeper. It good to see that you have been recognized for your contribution to the club. If like your contribute to the club is like it is on this forum, you deserve it.

12. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a Jack snip..
    [​IMG]. Maybe i'll start getting more respect from the old timers now.

tecumseh...
    you had the funny face deployed at the wrong end of the sentence. :wink:

13. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

I wish we had a club. We're too spread out and not near enough of us. :sad:

14. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

"
    I have the same situation as you PerryBee. Therefore, we could each start a club with just one member, and at the end of the year, guess who would be the "beekeeper of the year."

15. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

The club has a booth at the annual Farm Fest where thousands of people come from all around. We have a observation hive set up at our booth and sell honey sticks,we staff it with 2 to 4 club members (sometimes more,they just show up). The children spot the bees & honey sticks, and the parents want to talk bees and we sign them up for our Bee classes that starts this year Jan. 12, 2013. Between the Farm Fest, our booth at the Ozark Empire Fair, and word of mouth we sign up over 100 people wanting to learn about bees. Somewhere around 60 will show up and after the classes are over twenty or so will become study members.:thumbsup: We out grew the room a the main LIbrary and some of our new members(2) are retired college professors (MSU) and got the college to give the club a meeting place. It amazes me how a little bug can draw such interest. Jack

16. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member

Congratulations, Jack.
    Our bee club celebrated Monday night with an auction to raise youth scholarship funds and a Christmas cookie exchange. And, of course, the cookies contained honey. The highlight of the auction was a handmade quilted wall hanging with a bee theme made by the wife of our program chairman. Absolutely beautiful!

17. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

I still envy Jack though, I wish we had those numbers and activity levels here. :smile:

18. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

@PerryBee:

I am going to attend some bee club meetings next year even if I have to drive 70 or 80 miles. I like bees and beekeepers, so I am going to make the effort to meet some beekeepers.

19. HisPalette

HisPalette New Member

Congrats Jack. Our party is Monday night. Looking forward to it.

20. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Been to many bee club meetings over the years My daughter just got me going back to them these last couple of years as she has gotten interested in them.
    This forum in a lot of ways is like a bee club meeting Build great friends, good knowledge and advise, a lot of talking about things that have nothing to do with bees, and the sharing of thoughts, dreams, tips, recipes and any and every thing else. Other than getting together for out Annual Christmas potluck meeting this is a bee meeting or a meeting of beekeepers.

I would like to propose a motion "On December ?? 2012 we all meet in front of our computer screens at ?.?? o'clock with our, Milk and Cookies, Pretzels and Beer, Meed and C[FONT=&quot]hocolate. for the Christmas social."[/FONT]
    Need a seconder for the motion.