Bee Equiptment For Sale

Discussion in 'Trading Post' started by ApisBees, Sep 8, 2013.

1. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

I was volunteering at the Salmon Arm fall fair yesterday and a beekeeper from the Salmon Arm club's place has sold and he is moving to the island so every thing must go.
    List of bees and equipment.
    14 hives with bees Being treated and fed now, screened bottom board, 2 brood supers, & covers $200.00 each
    20 frame extractor $800.00
    100 Lb Scale $500.00
    Honey supers and frames most drawn.
    Other tools & misc equipment.
    He said he would sell the hole lot for $3,000.00

It is a good deal for some one who lives in B.C. Canada. The equipment is being inspected for sale this next week.
    On a side note we had a spring field day at his house in the spring and went thru a couple of hives, Made 2 splits from a strong colony. There were 2 bee inspectors as well as half a dozen experienced beekeepers and every thing we seen looked clean.
    I post this because of a question asked on another thread about buying used equipment by Dennis in Ontario. Equipment with bees in it will give the inspector more tools to spot problems with. The brood and comb can be looked at for signs of disease at different stages in its development.
    Buying equipment that the bees died out in raises questions as to what caused the bees to die. It can be harder to identify possible disease. If you come across equipment that some one has bought all the nice clean comb honey supers and all that is left is dark brood comb I would be Leary and would stay away from it.

2. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Also in Salmon Arm BC.
    I know some one was looking for these a while ago and was talking to a beekeeper who has for sale.
    Stainless steel Dbl jacketed sump with 120/240 V element. $600.00
    Bronze J.F Jones honey pump and motor $300.00
    30 frame extractor Galvanizes has been epoxy coated.
    Stainless steel honey strainer tank type with 3 strainers baskets from J.F. Jones. $600.00
    Large SS milk tank converted to hot water circulating. $600.00
    100 lock cornered standard supers assembled $10.00 each.
    If you are interested in any of this send me a PM and I can get you his name and number.