Bee Hive Tracker

Discussion in 'Building plans, blueprints, and finished projects' started by Hivetracker, Jul 9, 2012.

What's the hardest thing to keep track of in a Beekeeping Operation?

1. Bees

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Hives

14.3%
  3. Honey and Other Product Production

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Task scheduling (feeding and breeding programs, etc.)

85.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Hivetracker

Hivetracker New Member

I've designed a Hive Tracker that tracks all aspects of Beekeeping Operations. which can be used by both small and large Beekeeping Operations (you'll need Microsoft Access to run it). I need to test it out and I'm looking for ten Beekeepers to try it out and give me their feedback. LEE ROUX

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

maybe you could post up some samples of your new program for all to see.

3. Charles

Charles New Member

This is not what I would call a "good first post". You have no history on the forum or any other beekeeping forum that I could find. Why would anyone download and install software from a total stranger when there is already a free hive tracking program with a proven history?

Maybe you should spend some time building trust....

4. Hivetracker

Hivetracker New Member

Apologies for taking so long to reply, but me and the bees are based in the Outeniqua Mountains (South Africa) and a severe winter storm knocked out our electricity for a couple of days. Re your reply - point taken! I'll give it some thought and get back to you. You mentioned a free hive tracking programme - where can I get hold of it?
    Regards Lee

5. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Welcome to the forum Lee. :hi:
    Don't let Charles' comment scare you off, he's a great soul and takes his job of protecting and managing the technical aspects of this forum with the greatest of responsibility. He has his hands full, protecting us all from some of those wicked individuals who try to make the internet a miserable experience. He does his job superbly, and he just gave you a lesson in how well he will look after your best interests too.
    Lets hear about your hives in SA. Should be interesting. :grin:

6. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Welcome to the forum, Lee:hi:

Let us hear some more of your SA beekeeping.

How's this for an international forum ---- replies from US, Israel and a very soggy UK. :grin:

7. Zulu

Zulu Member

Where are you?

My dad is in Sedgefield, and I have met one of the local Beekeepers and his operation too.

Add to the forum by posting about your bees and add some pics too

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

lee~
    "You mentioned a free hive tracking programme - where can I get hold of it?"

i know of two lee:

beetight

hive tracks

btw, welcome to the forum!

9. Hivetracker

Hivetracker New Member

Hi all,

To Zulu - we're not far from Sedgefield. The farm is just outside Herold (Google Afgunst River Farm). To G3 Farms - send me your physical address and I'll post you a CD. To the rest thanks for the comments and support - I could get to like this!

Regards,
    Lee