Bee in a tree at Wilard library

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by reidi_tim, May 20, 2013.

1. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Got a call from one of our oldest libraries about a hive in a tree right next to the handicap parking and ramp. I went out and looked at it and it's a good candidate for a trap out. So unsure about bells and hoops to do it on city property I held off calling him back. So I got called again today about it and I explained what it would take to remove the bees he asked me about cost I said $100. To this the reply was I will have to talk to the director about it. Then to say it probably would be easier to call an exterminator. Thought to self what an idiot. I will pay an exterminator to kill them but I won't pay you to save them.

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Don't forget to explain that all an exterminator does is kill them, leaving the comb intact. This is an open invitation for the next swarm flying by to take up residence.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

You will likely get another call when the exterminator quotes 300 plus.

4. blueblood

blueblood New Member

I remember Willard Library very well, down there on First Avenue. We used to take field trips there in elementary. We slid down the concrete rail on the front steps and always scared ourselves talking about the Ghost of Willard Library.

5. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Are we going to have a display of photos in Willard library of a beekeeper removing a colony of bees from a car park tree ------ with duct tape on his chin (see veil post) ? Please post some pics.. :rolling:

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

that's funny barbarian!........:lol:

7. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

May bee I will buy some of the colored duct tape a bright pink chin

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

:rolling::rolling::rolling:

Oh man I got a good laugh out of that one!!

we will need pics of it though!!

9. reidi_tim

reidi_tim New Member

Ok a few days have past with no commitment from the city , I need to push some facts to the local media before they kill them. And as an added bonus you might get to see me with a balloon bee and duct tape on my chin.