Bee Mags

Discussion in 'Beekeeping 101' started by crazy8days, Feb 18, 2012.

1. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

What's your favorite Bee magazine for ideas, information, products, stories, etc.

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

Beekeepingforums.com :p :p :thumbsup: :lol:

3. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

:thumbsup: :amen:

4. Indiana Dave

Indiana Dave New Member

I think I am gonna subscribe to Bee Culture and give it a try. I picked up some old copies of BC and American Bee Journal, and I think I like BC a little better than ABJ. ABJ is more like a periodical than a magazine to me. BC is a little more basic and less scientific. If BC is as erratic in delivery as everyone says, then I will change to ABJ after my $25 yr subsrciption expires.
    My 2 cents...

5. Hobie

Hobie New Member

I subscribed to Bee Culture for a while and enjoyed it. Last year was so busy, however, that I have a stack of unread magazines, so I did not renew.

I will usually save the few articles I think are "keepers," and drop the rest of the stack off at the annual New Beekeeper's class for the students to take home.

6. PeeVee

PeeVee New Member

I started out with both BC and ABJ. I found information in both that interested me. And then I let my subscriptions lapse. Later I resubscribed to BC in digital format. I've found that I don't like reading a magazine on my computer. Sometimes I like to take an interesting article out side on a warm day. I have resubscribed to ABJ. When my digital version to BC stops I will resubscribe to a paper version - loggers need jobs too.

ABJ may be for a larger operation (than I have), and BC may be more for the hobbyist (which I am), but both contain important information.

As was stated before, this forum is probably the best source of information as it combines real time experience with the knowledge of a most helpful community.

7. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

I agree!...and now that computers are portable I can read Beekeeping Forums in all rooms of the house lol :mrgreen:

8. riverrat

riverrat New Member

Not partial at all. Hands down Beekeepingforums.com. You will gt your questions answered right away and will learn more in a month on here than in a years worth on Bee Mags. Although they do have there placein beekeeping.

9. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

I do agree I have learned more here than any book I have read/reading. Thanks to all! I did order a year of Bee Culture.

10. riverrat

riverrat New Member

That would be my choice. We had another similar thread on this same subject a couple weeks ago. I think BC is geared a little more towards the hobbist keep.