Bee Removal From Garage Ceiling

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by JPthebeeman, Mar 10, 2013.

1. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

JP, you're amazing at how easy you make it look! :thumbsup: :mrgreen:
    Always a pleasure watching your stuff.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

That young lady didn't take long to look, did she? :D :D

4. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Perry, I have a pretty decent editing program. :thumbsup:

Wally, she saw one bee flying around in that garage and she was outta there in a New York second!

...JP

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

JP thanks for sharing. You make it look to easy. I like peoples perception of bees. If you put the bee suit on every one would stay back away, but because of your confidence level that allows you to tackle the task without the suit people think it is fine for them to be next to you and it is safe. For the most part it is safe but you never know when that disturbed guard bee is going to take a run at you. I have to warn people at times that I don`t get stung very often but I don`t mind getting stung neither.
    How many cut outs, trap outs, and swarm retrievals, do you do a year?

6. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Thanks so much again JP for your videos! I enjoy them very much. I am telling you, if I had to pick a bee hero, you would be mine for sure. That was humorous to see the girl leave, ha!

7. TexasnewBee

TexasnewBee Member

Thanks JP. I also enjoy watching your removal videos. I would be intersted in knowing what you use to edit your videos. I have just started trying to edit some bee videos and I havn't found the easy way yet. I am shooting with a GoPro 3.

8. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

Just a lazy afternoon, A man playing with his toys in the garage. You do make it look easy. Thanks for the video I always enjoy them. I have learned a lot from them as well.

9. kebee

kebee Active Member

Jb you do make it look easy, wish I had as much confidente around the bees as you do, maybe one day. Allways look forward to your videos of you swarm or bee getting.

kebee

10. jb63

jb63 New Member

Thanks again JP.We all enjoy seeing your videos,and having you share on this forum.:cool:

11. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Well, first off, I enjoy this forum immensely! You people are class acts with a capital "C" You have a really good wholesome group who care about each other and it seems are always willing to lend a hand. And some mighty fine beeks I might add as well!

I purchased a Mac in 2009 and am using iMovie to edit but my next program will be Apple's Final Cut Pro. I hear it is AMAZING!

Apis, we keep track of all the removals we do and swarms we shake each season. Last years count was 162. It was a good season!

...JP

12. jb63

jb63 New Member

So when is Shawee gona post something here? He's not scared is he?

13. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

JP 162 that is a lot of feral colonies and swarms. What do you do with them all nuc them and sell some? It will give Zookeep a number to shoot for. Thanks for posting you make it like we are on site learning with you.

14. JPthebeeman

JPthebeeman New Member

Apis, those numbers include ones I've done with Schawee and Emil and ones I've given Emil and Schawee to do on their own while I was likely removing one at another location. My bee yards have been growing! So have Schawee'e and Emil's and I do sell some as well.

...JP

15. flyweed

flyweed New Member

That video was amazing. I cannot believe how many bee's you got out of that ceiling. I'd love to find a swarm to start my first hive. :)