Bee Tree

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Bens-Bees, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Talked to the guy with the bee tree that threw a swarm last October and he said that they died out over the winter. So much for the trapout.

2. onehorse

onehorse New Member

You might be surprised. We have one hive in old (OLD) meeting house that I think dies out every so often and then a new swarm moves in. The guy that owns the place doesn't visit very often, but he swears that there are bees there, but both last spring and this spring, nothing, but we went back in August and there definitely was an active hive over the one window. Could be a late one.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is too bad SgtMaj, I guess you saw the one we were going to cut out was dead also and the chimney trap out dead also.

We must have had a harder winter than I thought.

G3

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Yeah we must have... this could explain why there havn't been any swarms on this side of the hill as well. Every unmanaged hive I knew of last fall is gone, and most beeks here lost a lot of managed hives as well. Not good... not good at all.

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I have had several people call looking for bees that saw my add on CL. They said they lost all of their bee also, just a couple of hives.

G3

6. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Well I just heard about the first swarm in E. TN... up in Murfeesboro. This sure has been a slow start to the season... wonder what wiped out so many bees and has been slowing down the rest...