Beekeeping Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My name is Sena McLaughlin and I am a junior at Hudson Falls High School in New York. I am doing a survey to find a link between Varroa mite infestation in Honey Bees and environment or beekeeping practices for a science experiment through the Science Research Program. If you are a beekeeper, I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey and helping me out with my experiment. The link is below.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bBjKNpU1z2Qlgh594_6zJb1gIySpxfP8rdmiSUWjZ48/edit

·
Registered
857 Posts
Hi Sena,welcome aboard, do you keep bees yourself? if not what prompted you to do a science project on honey bees?..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sena,welcome aboard, do you keep bees yourself? if not what prompted you to do a science project on honey bees?..
I do not keep bees myself. Science Research is
a three-year program through which each student selects an area of
interest and studies it in-depth, eventually designing a unique
research question and pursuing its answer with the help of a mentor. The first year is mainly research, the second is ideally when the experiment is completed, and the third is spent competing in symposiums and writing a final paper. When I first started the program last year, I was trying to find a topic and became interested in pesticides, which led me to honey bees. I spent most of last year looking at the effects of pesticides and honey bees, but started focusing on Varroa mites, and what causes them, this year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts