Beekeeper Survey

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by Sena McLaughlin, Feb 27, 2018.

1. Sena McLaughlin

Sena McLaughlin New Member

My name is Sena McLaughlin and I am a junior at Hudson Falls High School in New York. I am doing a survey to find a link between Varroa mite infestation in Honey Bees and environment or beekeeping practices for a science experiment through the Science Research Program. If you are a beekeeper, I would greatly appreciate you taking the time to complete this survey and helping me out with my experiment. The link is below.
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1bBjKNpU1z2Qlgh594_6zJb1gIySpxfP8rdmiSUWjZ48/edit

2. roadkillbobb

roadkillbobb Active Member

Hi Sena,welcome aboard, do you keep bees yourself? if not what prompted you to do a science project on honey bees?..

3. Sena McLaughlin

Sena McLaughlin New Member

I do not keep bees myself. Science Research is
    a three-year program through which each student selects an area of
    interest and studies it in-depth, eventually designing a unique
    research question and pursuing its answer with the help of a mentor. The first year is mainly research, the second is ideally when the experiment is completed, and the third is spent competing in symposiums and writing a final paper. When I first started the program last year, I was trying to find a topic and became interested in pesticides, which led me to honey bees. I spent most of last year looking at the effects of pesticides and honey bees, but started focusing on Varroa mites, and what causes them, this year.

4. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

Will take a look at the survey later

Sena McLaughlin likes this.