Beekeepers point of interest

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by crazy8days, Jun 11, 2013.

1. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

I've got a airplane ticket I need to use by mid August. I'm limited to the states. I'm looking for a great place to go for a couple days Is there any beekeeping related places that would be a great place to spend a couple days?

2. Daniel Y

Daniel Y New Member

To bad you can't wait until next year and go see the bees on the almond groves. I am thinking of taking a vacation next year and driving over and seeing it for myself.

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

http://www.ncbeekeepers.org/sum2013.htm

The meeting is in Pinehurst. Well known for golf at the Pinehurst country club.

I will be there and will furnish transportation and show you the area. Not only bees, but I live in Richard Petty's home town. His museum is quite an attraction. The NC zoo is here in the neighborhood. The pottery capital of the world is here. ""Seagrove, NC""

http://visitlexingtonnc.com/upcoming-events/threshers-reunion/

Along with a few other things. PM me if you want my phone number.

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"I've got a airplane ticket I need to use by mid August. I'm limited to the states. I'm looking for a great place to go for a couple days Is there any beekeeping related places that would be a great place to spend a couple days?"

YEAH, el paso, wisconsin!.........:lol:
    :grin:

(ps. can't compete with iddee's suggestion, if had a chance to go to nc, or meet another member in another state i have never been to, very cool!)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2013
  5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Only the states you say........................Pity! :sad: :smile:

6. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

What states are you limited to?

7. BSAChris

BSAChris New Member

Hey, if you're going to go , go BIG - how about this, a bee and honey museum in HAWAII!!!! Well okay, its a beekeeping business, but still... its a museum... and its in HAWAII!!! I would love to go there :smile:
    http://www.bigislandbees.com/museum.php

8. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Daniel, the almond groves would be an awesome site to see!
    Iddee, Boy, that is a very generous offer! unfortunately, I have to work a shutdown.
    I've been stumped since April trying to think of a place and getting it to work with my summer work schedule. Thanks everyone!