Beekeeping Forums (my imagination) Long story!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Dec 21, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Do you ever have an image of something in your head, always believing in it, and then at some point reality slaps you in the face? You realize that your imagination was running wild, too exhuberant, too vivid compared to what reality has just proclaimed?
    As an example, when I was younger I remember hearing a great song on the radio called "Morning has Broken". I heard this song numerous times and had somehow built up this image in my head of what the artist must look like, a short, portly bald guy. Well my reality check soon arrived, imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of Cat Stevens on the album cover! :eek:
    But I digress. I had asked a question on another thread about the origins of this forum, how it started. You see, I had already developed in my mind (scarey place, ya, ya) an image of how it had probably come about:
    It was a warm evening in August, somewhere in the mid-eastern United States. The sun had set, darkness had enveloped everything but for the bright town lights disrupting the black sky. In the center of this town stood a large building, grander than the others, it's bright neon lights created a golden coloured hue which served as a backdrop to the stark white sign which identified it.
    The "Honeybee Royale", where beekeepers come to gather, share a few drinks, and toss the dice in their desperate gamble to try and make a few bucks, keenly aware that the odds are usually not in their favour.
    There is an alley out back, dimly lit, quiet and subdued in comparison to the din inside. Suddenly the back door leading into the alley from the Royale is thrust open and a solitary figure is thrown out into the alley.
    "Get out" yelled someone inside, "You're not welcome if you're going to be talking to people in here all the time, offering advice on stuff, offering to help, this is a gambling establishment!"
    The figure slowly composed himself, drug the back of his hand across his lips and turned his back to the door. It was only then that he realized he was not alone in the alley. There, on the other side, sitting on the ground, back leaning against the brick wall was the outline of another man.
    "Hey" said Iddee to the mysterious figure, "You OK"? The figure stirred, straightening up his ball cap and said:
    "Ya, I'm OK, names Tecumseh, You"?
    "Howdy Tecumseh, folks call me Iddee, what happened to you"?
    "Got tossed" Tec replied. "Something about being too friendly, can you imagine that, how can anyone be too friendly" he said shaking his head.
    "Beats me" said Iddee, "what's the world comin to" he wondered aloud?
    Just then the door to the alley burst open yet again, with another soul tumbling out into the alley, almost landing on Tecumseh. The figure stood up, dusted himself off and took in the two figures looking at him.
    "What you lookin at" said the newcomer?
    "Someone who apparently has something in common with us" laughed Iddee out loud.
    "Had too much to drink" asked Tec?
    "Naw" said Bjorn, "I got bounced for being too quiet, not contributing enough, not expressing my opinions one way or the other, too much fence sitting they said".
    The three men fell silent, nodding in acknowledgement of their commonality.
    "You know" said Iddee, "I got this friend named Charles, a techy kinda guy. He might be able to help us out with a solution to all of this. Maybe we aughta just set up our own bloody establishment! We should head on over to his place".
    All three men agreed, but realizing they had all imbibed too much, began wondering how they would make it to Charles place.
    Suddenly around the corner and down the alley towards them hurtled a white van, only hitting the brakes with enough time left to prevent striking the three men. The side door flung open and there in the driver's seat sat a large black duck. :shock:
    "Get in" said the duck, "I'm on my way to the Shriners Hospital but I'd be glad to give you fellers a lift if'n you want one".
    The three men looked at each other and climbed aboard.
    "Thanks" said Iddee, "Hey listen Duck, the three of us were just talkin and we have a proposition for you"....

Now maybe it didn't happen that way, not exactly.
    Maybe not like that at all.
    But maybe..................................................................... ;)

(For those wondering about the Black Duck, see thread in General Discussion-ole rat up to good again-post #3)

2. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Methinks Perry has way too much time on his hands. :rotfl:

3. Iddee

Iddee New Member

MAN, I WANT SOME OF THAT MEAD. THAT'S SOME AWFUL POWERFUL STUFF.

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

LOL good story Think ole Perry has the pre Christmas Cabin fever going on :drinks: :Dancing: :goodpost:

5. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

riverrat is of course spot on as usual..

I am glad Perry spelled tecumseh with a capital T so I need not be personally involved in this tall tale.

Perry writes:
    Do you ever have an image of something in your head, always believing in it, and then at some point reality slaps you in the face? You realize that your imagination was running wild, too exhuberant, too vivid compared to what reality has just proclaimed?

tecumseh:
    happens every spring time to every bee keeper I have ever known.

6. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

WOW I always wondered :shock: :drinks: . Jim

7. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Well......the story is close. But you forget the Sowenski triplets that I had been with that night. :Dancing: You could of least mentioned them.

:goodpost:

8. Marbees

Marbees Member

Three wise men and talking duck, interesting beginning :D
    And the legend was born. Cool :thumbsup:

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

^ ya' think our Canadian brothers and sister have a bit different sense of humor than us 'americans'.... A?

10. Marbees

Marbees Member

nah, it's tundra mushrooms :p :p

11. jb63

jb63 New Member

12. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Whoooooboy.
    If I wasn't so computor challenged, I'd be over that in a heartbeat jb63! Could a fella have some fun with that.
    Unfortunately, you guys are lucky ( :eek: :shock: :lol: ) that I am just smart enough to figure out how to type and post! :mrgreen:

13. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Awwwww c'mon Perry, give it a try.

14. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

we know you are smart enough Perry and we also know you have ALL winter to give 'that' a try while you wait in anticipation of what is inside of those little white boxes out there in the snow drift.

Merry Christmas everyone...

15. Zulu

Zulu Member

Must be hemp he is growing near them beehives. :yahoo:

16. jb63

jb63 New Member

You can do it.