Beekeeping Forums to Group Builder

Discussion in 'Forum News' started by Charles, May 17, 2013.

1. Charles

Charles New Member

After running www.beekeepingforums.com since 2008 I've decided to turn leadership of the forum over to two men who specialize in running forums like this one, Keith and Austin of GroupBuilder.com.

The main reason I've decided to do this is to try and help the forum grow at a faster pace. As many of you know I've worked hard to build this forum into what it is today, however I don't have the resources or know-how to take us to the next level. This is where Keith and Austin come in, with an impressive number of successful forums under their belt including homesteadingtoday.com, chickenforum.com, and thegoatspot.net I think they can get us where we want to be.

You won't get rid of me that easily though, I'm only turning over ownership of the Beekeeping Forums brand. I'll be staying on as an admin and the other admin / moderators will be too.

There are not any changes planned and as you read this our forum is already running on GroupBuilder's servers.

Thanks everyone! If you have any questions feel free to send me a PM or post them here.
    Charles

2. Papakeith

Papakeith New Member

Congrats Charles!
    It sounds like this is a big move. Both for you and for beekeepingforums.
    I've only been here for a short time, but in that time I've learned that you have created a special space on the net.

:thumbsup:

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

A big move like this probably requires resources. Everyone should hit the donate button.

Charles, this is a great forum and you and the other administrators deserve many thanks, and should feel proud of your accomplishments. This is really a friendly, informative forum (a rarity in this day and age). I appreciate everyone here.

4. BKF

BKF Administrator Staff Member

I appreciate the introduction Charles!

Hi guys, my name is Austin and as Charles said I'm coming on as a new Administrator. I'm glad to meet you all and hope to get to know you.

We have successfully moved everything to our servers and it went well. Some people may have a hard time getting on as their DNS populates, but that should be resolving soon.

Just to let everyone know there are no changes planned. The Mods and Admins are staying the as are the rules.

I thank you all for having me!

Austin

5. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

Thanks Charles for all your efforts. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

How do you improve on an awesome forum ? :roll:

Austin ---- from my limited knowledge of the guys on here, you will soon be chewing that cigar down. Welcome.

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hi Austin, glad to have you aboard. :thumbsup:

Charles, glad you are still here and I would like to extend my personal "Thank You" for all the helpful things you have done for me. I am not the most savvy person with things computer-ish, and you have bailed me out several times. I have always believed you ran this place a big notch above the rest and the sense of family here can be directly traced to the doorsteps of you and the people you have enlisted and entrusted to participate in making this place what it is.
    I've tried the rest, and stuck with the best! :clapping:
    Thanks buddy.

Perry

7. Crofter

Crofter New Member

Congratulations on the move;

I hope that the atmosphere here does not get lost: every forum has a certain chemistry that develops to make it special. This really is a friendly place and there is time and talent to discuss issues at all levels. Some forums take on a downright nastiness. Good to see the moderators and existing administration staying on board.

8. G3farms

G3farms New Member

WOO HOO!!

We're movin' on up!!

9. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Does this mean the mods get a raise? I thought they were doing pretty well as it was! :wink:

10. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

charles, a personal thank you from me as well for this forum, your leadership, and all the things you have done/answered for me.
    what frank said:
    "I hope that the atmosphere here does not get lost: every forum has a certain chemistry that develops to make it special. This really is a friendly place and there is time and talent to discuss issues at all levels. Some forums take on a downright nastiness. Good to see the moderators and existing administration staying on board."

austin, hello and welcome!

11. BKF

The atmosphere won't change. Like I said I'm not making any changes to policy or the mod/admin team. I did a lot of research before coming on and the knowledge and fellowship where a couple of the reasons I was excited to be involved.

12. Charles

Charles New Member

Thanks everyone for the kind words, I don't anticipate the chemistry here changing one bit!

13. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Welcome Austin! :) It would help people like me (with short memory spans) if you'd change the admin to Austin so I can remember. :confused:

14. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Changes are always looked upon with a bit of trepidation. It's hard to imagine anyone filling your boots Charles. You've always been available, especially behind the scenes (through PMs) to keep everything running smoothly and your responses have always been so prompt, to the point and friendly. Your advice has often been "beyond the call of duty" and despite the assurances, it's hard to imagine anyone being so dedicated to the forum. No intent to "reject" the assurances of Austin---I"m sure that you made an excelent choice for your replacement and unquestionably had the better interests of the forum in mind when you reached your decision.
    No matter how well they do, we will miss you. You have the credit of being the first, and that can never be replaced.
    I don't think the EVERYONE will respond to this thread, but it affects all of us. I take the audacity to try to speak for those who don't post and say a most sincere "THANK YOU".

But let no one get the wrong idea, I extend a warm welcome to Keith and Austin. Greetings on your arrival. You will find us all to be a very adaptive group and I'm sure the future cooperative relations will be warm and productive.
    The king is "dead", Long live the king.

15. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Welcome Keith and Austin. Charles: Thanks for everything you've done here. This wouldn't bee the best darn beekeeping forum on the planet without your tireless efforts.

16. Barbarian

Barbarian New Member

I agree with Greg. "Admin" is a bit impersonal. It's not quite as bad as Inspector or Revenueman. A different handle might be more suitable to this friendly forum.

I note that "Austin" is already in use.

Perhaps, Austin, you may wish to ask the members to suggest suitable handles ---- a thread ?

With our weird members, you would need to switch on your sense of humour. :grin:

17. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I say leave the admin for when it is called for to show authority, and then make yourself another member name to join in on the fun.

18. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

I will only add this....the Hunting Nebraska forum was sold to some experts a year ago. The forum is now over run with spam adds, to the point us moderators can not keep up. And the admin that bought it don't have time or desire, not sure which, to take care of the problem. I truly hope that does not happen here. Tom

19. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

well, I guess things changed while I wasn't looking. Hope all is well with the changes, welcome to the new mods, thank you charles for your long service..

20. BKF

That will not be the case. Will we see spam? Of course, we are online, but I hope to limit it as much as possible.