Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm one of our club mentors and every year i run into the same problem, i'm sure some of you do to.BeekeepingTerminology, we take it for granted that new members know what were talking about,like when you say, wait till they draw 7 or 8 out frames,( the words draw out, or pull out the foundation will :confused: them most times) supersede, robbed out, mouse gard, foundation, ect. ect. and they give you the deer in the headlight look :confused: . Most of the time they will act like they know what your saying, but act relieved when you go ahead and explain. I was wondering if anyone ever came up with a list of some of the terminology for beekeeping that could be given to new members. My cop out is to tell them to read everything they can on beekeeping,but if we had a list of the most common sayings it would make things easier. I've thought about it, but i wouldn't know where to start. Any thoughts out there. :confused: Jack

·
Registered
44 Posts
I found myself having to look up terminology when I first came on here... So I read two books on beekeeping and now it's not a problem. I would recommend you give or recommend some good literature to the new members of your group. The information in the books was critical. I still need the help of the forum(as I don't know any local beekeepers... yet.) Your new members will still need your help. However, the basics such as terminology will no longer become a part of your new member questions.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts