Beekeeping Forums banner

Beekeeping test

15K views 60 replies 33 participants last post by  extrasharp 
#1 ·
Here is a little beekeeping test, designed for multiple takes. Each time you take it, you get a different set of questions.

http://www.gobeekeeping.com/test.htm

Give it a try, OR TWO, OR THREE............. and post your results back here.

#5 ·
I have taken this test before and scored mid 40's (exhalted or something like that). The only trick for us up here is that there are a few questions that deal strictly with issues that are restricted to the USA. A lucky guess or two didn't hurt.
Otherwise I am sure I would have scored 50!!!!!!! :lol: :rolling: :rotfl:

#14 ·
29/50, reasonable I think as I don't have bees yet and have only been reading this and other forums for 3 months. At least 3 or 4 Q's were USA geographic/economic related which I had no idea about plus I read a couple of Q's incorrectly. The test is good because it gives you the answers to the ones you got wrong so you can learn. I hate doing exams and never finding out what I got wrong. All in all good fun!

#18 ·
43/50, that was much better, only 1 geographic USA question, nill economic USA Q's, I missed 2 Q's about different types of trees in the USA though, took my time to READ the Q's properly this time, all in all a lot better. Lots of good questions, a great learning experience!

100 TD said:
29/50, reasonable I think as I don't have bees yet and have only been reading this and other forums for 3 months. At least 3 or 4 Q's were USA geographic/economic related which I had no idea about plus I read a couple of Q's incorrectly.

#20 ·
34/50. Not bad considering I am currently in the process of trapping out my first bees (first of my own, anyway...).

Sincerely,
Paul E. Turley

#22 ·
A 44, and fluked a 49 and a 50 LOL!
I think I have seen most of the questions now, but the 50 had only one US specific question so I still guessed a few. Good fun and a good learning experience, only problem it doesn't give me any experience in the field which will take many, many, many years to learn!

#26 ·
The only reason I scored high in some previous ones was the fact that I took the test a several times, and the ones I got wrong in one, I corrected in the next. The other thing was one with very little USA specific Q's in it, plus of course I fluked questions I didn't know. Having done it again shows I can retain some of the previous answers and also still fluke some and get 40-42. So without flukes and guesses I'd probably back in the low 30's! Still lots to learn and nice to come back to every now and then.
But hands on learning experience is something I'm closer to zero than 50, but it's the most valuable and fun. Next is asking questions and receiving answers from you experienced beeks, such a wealth of knowledge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.