Been VERY BUSY preparing to travel to Bolivia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by barry42001, May 3, 2010.

1. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Sat May 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Been arguing with US Department of State to kindly hurry up a bit and issue the passport so I can make airline reservations. Bees are taking off and doing VERY well, added second super as first deep is 8 frames of capped honey, and white stripes of wax showing on top bars giving them another super of foundation to work seemed to be the right thing to do. lots of pollen. At this rate might need to extract in near future.
    This first season down in the south so am getting a feel for when honey flows start and for how long--great variation exists even within the same county

Barry

2. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I hope the passport issues are worked out appropriately and abnormally quickly for you. Bolivia would have to have something super special going on to entice me away from the bees during a flow! Have a good trip and return safely.

3. barry42001

barry42001 New Member

Well actually the circumstances are a bit sad, My wife's father died short time ago, and due being a tax professional, was unable to go and attend the funeral and viewing. I was extremely POed about being able to be with my wife in her time of need for emotional support, and as if to add insult to injury she now has a cold/ flu. Seeit's approaching winter, colder weather as opposed to the 90's I am enjoying right now. also in Florida we live at about 20 ft above sea level, in La Paz she is at 12,900 ft and while she will adapt better then I will still is just another physical stressor. It will all work out of that I am positive. As for the bees, I can always removve the full supers, and store them for extracting and put on additional foundation supers for the bees to have something to work on the entire trip will be for approx 25 days.
    Barry

4. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that it's not a happy trip for you or your poor wife!! Having just gone through a lengthy time away from home to be with my mama while she died I know how stressful and heartbreaking it can be. I do hope all goes well in your travels, and please give your wife my condolences. Travel safely!