Bees come to me

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Fuzzystuff, May 16, 2013.

1. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

So I have been noticing several bees flying across the job site, so I started bringing my gear to work with me because I was convinced that a swarm was going to show up and my phone has been ringing with 2-3 calls per week. I wanted to make sure I was ready. Well sure enough one of my iron workers tracks me down to say you just missed this huge swarm fly over the guys unloading the steel. I asked which way it went and he pointed toward the corner by the old terminal. I took a walk and asked another worker if they saw any bees and he said yeah over in that corner (same place) so I made my way over there and sure enough there was a swarm hanging on some black iron. I went back grabbed my stuff and the ironworker took me right out to it. They were trying to unload and swing steel into that area so I went to work vac'ed them up found the queen halfway through. Finished vacing and put her in the box to draw the rest. I grab it before I leave today. How's that for easy pickings. I told the PM there would be no charge for removal. I believe the words are "clean live'in"
    ACT3 Swarm Collection II 5-16-2013.jpg ACT3 Swarm Collection 5-16-2013.jpg

2. Iddee

Iddee New Member

It may cost you in the future. Tuesday I got a large swarm 6 feet off the ground on 1/4in. limbs. Very easy and very nice swarm. Now, I am paying for it. Last night, I drove over to a swarm that had left 10 minutes before I got there. This morning, I got to a monster swarm, I would guess 6 lb. and watched as they flew away. Just after that I drove 15 miles for bees going into a wall. Not a bee in sight when I got there. Shortly after arriving back home, one of the cutouts I had scheduled called and cancelled. He decided he wanted the bees to stay.

4 batches of bees lost after getting the easy one.

THAT'S KARMA!

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Were you on the clock while you were picking up those bees! :wink: :thumbsup: :lol:

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

were they hanging there as a swarm or was that going to be their new colony site in that end of the tubing? I got a call about a swarm but it was like Iddee's already in the wall under a concrete step access with sledge hammer and jack hammer or trap out.

5. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

They had just flew in which is funny because we were at the airport and building the new terminal.

6. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

Yes I was hee, hee

7. Fuzzystuff

Fuzzystuff New Member

I'm about at my limit went from 1 hive to 10 and need more equipment.