bees in a soffit

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by Zookeep, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

got a call on a removal, went opened it up and wow thats alot of bees, never saw the queen, bee vac worked great, finished everything up and went back in to make sure I put all the gear away and there she was, taking 2 foot flight jumps across the linoleum floor all by her self, thought at 1st it was a drone then looked again wow ran out grabbed the clip,I held the clip up to the old entrance to there hive and got a ball of bees on it for shipment, filled 2 nine inch brood boxes with bees:yahoo:

Attached Files:

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Man, you make it look so easy! :thumbsup: :lol:

Nice catch on the queen. I just got one of those queen clips the other day, don't know how I got by without one for so long. It is so nice to be able to remove a queen and set her aside when you have to do some tough manipulations. It is comforting after you have done what was needed and then you just release her and watch her walk safely down between the comb. Easily worth what it cost.

3. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Nice job! I am jealous. Where did you guys get those queen clips? They look similar to what my daughters use for hair clips, ha!

4. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

yes Perry once you have the queen in the clip the removal goes alot faster cause your not having to worry about hurting her, Blueblood to be honest I cant remember where I bought it but its only like 6 or 7 bucks, worth the money.

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

6. G3farms

G3farms New Member

kelley's and brushy mountain carry them also.

7. Iddee

Iddee New Member

There are 3 types. Aluminum, white plastic, and clear plastic.

GET THE CLEAR PLASTIC!!

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

nice pictures zookeep! as perry said you make it look easy with that queen catcher.....i have never used one of those fangled gadgets, might have to get one now! :grin:

thanks!