Beekeeping Forums banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Glad to hear you got them going that's great to hear. Now the fun begins.

Just think this time next year you can have some honey .................hopefully.

G3

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Upate on the hive, all is going great the pollin is coming in and they are putting in honey and lots of brood.I did 4 moves on the hive to get them out of the shed so i can do some work arround there.
Now that i have some brood and eggs do you think that it is to late up here to do the trap out of the 2 hives in the block walls, or should i wait to see if i can winter this hive over and do it in the spring if they are still there. i still have 4 deep supers of honey to feed if i do the trap out.
Thanks.
Gator

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
I would not do a trap out this late to increase my number of hives. The only thing I might do a trap for is to increase the population of a weak hive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Opened the hive today and there are 6 frames of brood in the bottom box and 4 frames of brood in the top box of honey that i put on for them. They are putting honey in the second box. Now i put the topbox in the middle and the second box on the top. Was that the right thing to do to keep the queen in the bottom two boxes? Or sould i have let her put her brood anyplace she wants this late in the season.
Thanks.
Gator

21 - 25 of 25 Posts