bees on almonds

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by riverrat, Mar 6, 2011.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

I got an oportunity while out here in california to drive through almond country on interstate 5. I must admit seeing the bees on the almonds was different than I had envisioned in my mind. I really enjoyed seeing them first hand.

2. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Always thought that would be something to see. Was there anything else blooming that would distract the bees, or did they keep the fields and rows clean. I think i know the answer. Jack

3. riverrat

riverrat New Member

it was all clean only thing blooming was the almonds. I thought they put out more hives per acre not sure if they are cutting back the number or there was hives I wasnt seeing. only other crop i seen around the almonds was rice fields

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

.......and not a single pic :(

You and the family have a good time and be careful in your travels!! :wave:

5. riverrat

riverrat New Member

i made a 2nd trip down through the almonds on a different highway saw some hives out that was what I had pictured in my mind then saw some fields that didnt have any bees on them. One thing I did notice with nothing to get them up and over the road as a flight path several of them became decorations on the front of our vehicle.

6. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

Slow down rat, your driving to fast. :mrgreen: That's what dad use to say when my brothers and i came home from fishing, he would look at the windshield of the truck the next mourning and say, you boys fished to late and drove to fast coming home. :lol: Jack