Bees!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by JUDELT, Feb 5, 2012.

1. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

I took the camera outside this afternoon looking for honeybees and i found lots all over the Winter Jasmine! which has been blooming about 3 weeks early this year. i also found them on my rosemary! we don't have hives ,yet, so they must be from the neighbors 1 1\2 mile down the road! it was so nice to hear and see them. ican hardly wait to get ours (hives) up this spring and get bees!

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

If you took the camera, how about sharing the pics you took with the rest of us, we like bees too. :wave:

3. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

a snip..
    Winter Jasmine

tecumseh:
    hopefully not yellow jasmine.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:lol:
    Me too, I read the first few words and saw the word "camera" :yahoo: and then read the rest and thought, Hey? :confused: :mrgreen:

5. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

Sorry about no pics,yet. it was late and have to resize and download them. I'll get that done soon!

6. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

Re: jasmine

oh, definetly winter jasmine! so fragrant and wonderful!

7. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

yellow jasmine which is an introduced species starts blooming in the very southeastern portion of Texas just above Beaumont typically in late February or early March. some years it bloom quite profusely and sometime very little. the pollen of yellow jasmine makes the bees there appear drunk from the time it begins to blooming to just a bit afterwards.

ps... I don't really know if winter jasmine might do the same thing or not???

8. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

I don't recall seeing any strange -acting bees but i'll keep an eye out! my Jasmine is a bush type, white flowering. it usuallystarts looming late Feb. and again in April.