Besides bees.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BjornBee, Dec 16, 2009.

1. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Ones self perhaps?

2. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Couldn't tell you if Kare took the pictures or if I did. If it is pictures of bees in or on a hive then Kare took them. deer back in the woods I took as well as any fungis pictures and the dogs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:mrgreen: Al

3. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Building a bee garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Yes I cut out and built the arbor as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

Better believe it!

Like any good friend, I've chastised myself, argue with, and sometimes even screw myself.... :thumbsup:

But after seeing the neighborhood and others, I always come crawling back to me.

Of course it helps being a huge narcissist.... :drinks:

As they say, if you can't laugh at yourself....your usually not funny to others either...and if your laughing at yourself...who cares about the others! :Dancing:

Disclaimer....Not really sure who said that. So I may lay claim to it... :lol:

6. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

Al, I just love your pictures! And those gardens are wonderful!

Hobie, that looks like a really good time.......knowing me though, I would drown!

Besides bees, I'm busy raising my young 'uns and all that goes with it. I love to garden, most everything does ok in spite of me....I would love to be able to get my puny gardens to look like the pics Al posts!

Since I encourage the kids to dive into learning about any and everything that interests them I usually find myself along for the ride and not minding it much. Learning to sew, I love to bake, I make some pretty decent soaps and salves, am learning more and more about medicinal herbs (trying to keep up with Baby Beek), we all stay busy with church activities and going to meetings all over the place, I like to fish but not competitively...I'm a sit on the bank and relax kind of gal. Homeschooling and shooting with the kids are my favorites lately.

7. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Thank you all for the nice comments.

:roll: Mama beek, that is why they make PFD's so you don't drown.

8. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member

Al- Those are wonderful pictures! I'm pea green with envy.
    I have been gardening for a number of years. I start my own flowers from seed starting about Jan. 1, or when I can get to it. I have started gravitating towards prairie natives, since that is what was originally here. I have spent alot of time researching for a pollinator garden that I started last year.
    At the same time I started beekeeping, I took up old time fiddle playing. I heard that challenging brain activities were good for people over 50. I take lessons and practice, practice, practice.

9. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

thanks for the pictures al. I guess I can appreciate a good picture all the more since myself and a camera don't operate so well together.

10. sqkcrk

sqkcrk New Member

Love the pictures alleyooper. But is your camera unplumb or is the arbor w/ the level in it unplumb? It caught my eye and I thought that it was sorta funny.

11. Hobie

Hobie New Member

Great photos! Like a breath of summer in December.

My only "complaint" is that you are farther north than I, so I can't use that excuse as to why my garden isn't as lovely!

12. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

The arbor is plum and level that isw why the level was in the picture. It is one of those <_____> >_____< which line is longer thing.

I tell every one the key to Kares beautiful gardens is the red clay and horse manure.
    Remember I said I built Kare gardens. Dig a hole 18 to 24 inches deep in the red clay. Fill it about 6 inches above the ground with horse manure then cover it with 8 inches of wood top soil. the top soil is nice but the tea made from the horse manure when ever it rained just makes they special.

Our bee garden is a result of MY writeing down the names of all the plants I seen honey bees on when ever we went to the garden center for a year. The next spring I started the garden starting with the earliest blooming.

I forgot to mention I like to write stories too.

13. XLB

XLB New Member

>>>>>I forgot to mention I like to write stories too.<<<<<

oh yes? what kind? do tell. :beg: :D

14. alleyyooper

alleyyooper New Member

Mostly personal experince stuff of my own and friends. Oct 1969 is such a story of a friend.
    I have had some published even.

15. Bren

Bren Guest

Flower gardening, veggie gardening, mowing, computer stuff.

16. Omie

Omie Active Member

I play banjo, bowed psaltery, limberjack, mountain dulcimer, and sing Appalachian ballads. I run two very active online mountain dulcimer websites. My husband fiddles and we play lots of music.
    We rides bicycles a lot- my longest ride was 70 miles in one day.
    I vegetable garden.
    [​IMG]

17. G3farms

G3farms New Member

A music maker, how wonderful. Do you have any of you music recorded or on the internet? I assume bluegrass and mountain music?

G3

18. Omie

Omie Active Member

19. G3farms

G3farms New Member

I could not get the last two to load, but enjoyed the one on you tube. Sounds good to me, I like that kind of music.

Thanks for sharing that!

G3

20. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

that's good music Omie.... my kids are learning to play fairly well too, although they usually have a lot more of a bluegrass sound than the older styles but I like them both.

Baby Beek is trying to learn to play the fiddle and does a fair job for no longer than she has been learning, she is also learning to play the piano. She sings all the time and has a great voice, especially when her nerves aren't rattled about people being able to hear her.

XLB plays bass guitar VERY well, a 6 string guitar pretty well, and is trying to learn the banjo. He taught himself to play piano by ear and doesn't do a bad job on the mandolin either. He loves to sing and does a good job for the most part. Little Man has been trying to learn the mandolin and is a wonderful singer. I think he would play the guitar well if he would ever pick one up and give it a try.

I love the sound of the dulcimer and wish more folks would play them. An old friend of mine played the hammer dulcimer and I really love the sound of those. Is it true that a dulcimer should be played with a turkey feather?? Someone told me that and it sounds too bizarre to be true.