"best" articles you know on CCD/bee problems?

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by heinleinfan, Oct 1, 2013.

1. heinleinfan

heinleinfan New Member

I am doing a presentation for a group of boyscouts (median age 11) in a few days and I have a number of links, but more are helpful. I am looking for good articles that explain colony collapse, problems facing bees, pollination, etc. that use very clear language and not so much "science talk" that might be harder to parse for an 11 year old.

Anything else you might think would be good to mention to the group would be great as well.

​Thanks!

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

you might want to look at apisbees thread on various media links. I find the Ted talks short and informative and just packed with good information and ALL from folks with good credentials. If along this path you discover some good simple explanation of CCD why don't you inform me first since every science minded person in the country has pretty much figured out that it is a very complex problem with perhaps a dozen different variable associated with the collapse.

3. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

4. heinleinfan

heinleinfan New Member

D'oh, I never even thought of looking up a TED talk about it! Very familiar with them, and they're great. Thanks!

5. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

hein,
    yep, what tecumseh said about TED presentations,
    check this one out on TED with doc marla spivak think it might fall into what you are looking for, simple, concise, etc.......

MARLA SPIVAK: WHY BEES ARE DISAPPEARING

hey good luck and best wishes to you on your presentation! :grin:

6. srvfantexasflood

srvfantexasflood Member