Billy the Exterminator

Discussion in 'Bee News' started by Hog Wild, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

Just saw a commercial for an upcoming airing of Billy the Exterminator on A & E scheduled for February 18th. From the looks of him fleeing the scene, it appears things go bad wrong! :chased: Never seen his programs but this one looked interesting, hopefully if keeps are involved they are better portrayed than on the Louisiana Pawn Shop airing???

2. Robo

Robo New Member

Billy likes to kill honeybees...

From another forum

3. Hog Wild

Hog Wild New Member

On the show airing the 18th it does appear that he is trying to save the bee's based on the portion I saw. He has exhausted quite a bit of wire mesh trying to funnel them out but it did not show the end result just him steppin' & fetchin' with bee's in tow. Granted he did not have on protection. :confused:

4. G3farms

G3farms New Member

The show that aired last year he had on a leather looking trench coat and wrapped a bandana around his face (if memory serves me right) the bees just ate him alive, sad thing is the pesticides he used won the war.

It really takes someone that is wanting to save the bees, has patience and skills to remove bees from structures and put them in a hive, alive.

To me, and I am not wanting to bash Vexcon or the TV show, but they are only interested in making a buck and the TV show ratings, neither of which has anything to do with saving the bees. Seeing somebody getting stung and running off will improve the ratings which in turn boost the ratings.

It would be nice to see a real TV show showing a real keep how the bees are removed and relocated, but what fun would that be, except to keeps that want to learn how to do it.

There is a ton of drama in these reality shows, just remember that is what boost ratings and brings in the much sought after dollar.

5. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

I have to say, I have an odd appreciation for the show... not because they do anything right, but because they do everything wrong. Let me explain... people watch that show and it sets the bar so low that when they call me to remove bees for them, even if I screw up badly, I still look great by comparisson. For example, I had one trapout last year with darn stubborn bees that just wouldn't stay out, they'd go 20' around to the side to get back in or they'd eat right through the silicone caulk, so here I told them it would be 6-8 weeks and 6 months later I was still at it. At any rate, eventually they decided it was too much trouble to keep fighting me on the matter and they finally came out of there, afterward the homeowner said that after watching that show she was just happy as all get-out that I could remove those bees without tearing her house completely apart. Pretty much anything that could go wrong did go wrong on that job and the homeowner was still pleased because Billy set the bar so low... thanks Billy!

On one episode he was supposed to remove a racoon from a barn and nearly tore the whole barn down to do it when leaving a trap with some cat food in it would have done it overnight with no damage. You just can't help but think... "what kinda moron does that..." but I suspect that a good deal of it is done specifically for TV ratings. I wouldn't be surprised if the homeowners get reimbursed by the producers for letting him tear up their residences unnecessarily, it's also pretty clear that he does things just to get the pests riled up to attack him on the air... I mean if you watch him with bees he dresses in black instead of white, doesn't move slowly, beats on the hive... I mean come on, that's got to be intentional to get attacked and get ratings. It's likely that the money from the show is a lot better than the money from the jobs so they gotta do what they gotta do to make the show popular.