Blueblood hits the 1,000 mark!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PerryBee, Sep 25, 2012.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Yet another milestone on this place we call home!
    Congratulations Dave.
    For a first year keep you have "blown me away" with the skills and determination you have displayed. Trap-outs, cut-outs, what haven't you managed to accomplish?
    Well done! :thumbsup:
    Thanks for your contributions! :clapping:

2. tecumseh

tecumseh New Member

pretty good marks for a first year beekeeper and at least I think an excellent addition to this forum.

thanks for being 'here' Dave.

3. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

You're a positive influence on us Dave! :thumbsup:

Keep it up! :D

4. riverrat

riverrat New Member

congrats on the milestone and thanks for being an active part of the forum :thumbsup:

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

:grin:.....Thanks friends!...I enjoy visiting you every day. I owe all of my first year success to you folks. My mentor kinda pooped out on me very early on...as in the first day early. I relied on my reading from the prior winter and from this forum to practice this craft. I am already excited for season two and all its adventures! I wish all of us could live in the same village this winter and make stuff for the next season together in the same workshop and maybe enjoy a few stout brews while were at it....Dave

6. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

hey dave, happy you are here and happy to have met you my friend, i enjoy your refreshing attitude, your laughter, your posts and stories :drinks:

btw, i want to know how you rate getting your NAME in your mile marker thread?! mine was just a number........peeeerrry!? :lol:

7. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

If we all did that we would get somethings done rather than spending all our time reading and posting on the tread. Well maybe not.
    Only a year I kind of glanced at the # of posts and by your questions and comments would have thought you kept bees longer. I learned by the trial and error method. Bought bees, built equipment, learner throw trial error, Lots of error and observation. I kept bees for 4 years before reading any books on bees or attending any bee meetings, that when I realized how little I realty new about bees. The bees survived despite my ignorance.
    This is a great informative site for the new and old Keeps. Comment and observations from people in other parts of the world gives incite in to how conditions are in other areas.
    Keep up the posts and soon you'll catch up to my friend Perry.

8. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Thanks Becky! I'm not sure how I got the special treatment though, ha! :grin:
    Thanks Apis! It is a great place to accelerate one's learning. This is the first forum I have been on that I have seen a complete void of snide and/or arrogant replies. I have seen new folks ask questions here that I know have been discussed not once but maybe two or three times in the past which a simple forum search would reveal. However, members disregard this and graciously answer anyway. I know there has to be some gentle moderating with this at times to conserve room but it's just great how patiently people respond.

9. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

Congrats and thanks for your contributions to the forum.