Blueblood's Adventure to Israel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blueblood, Jun 11, 2013.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Well, the day has finally arrived to embark on my adventure to Israel. I depart at 3:30 PM this afternoon. I am looking forward to finally meeting Ef and spending the day with him next Tuesday whilst in the country. We are certainly going to conduct some friendly transatlantic honey trading. What could be better than honey from the "land of milk and honey?" :razz:

I am taking a tablet over there and hope to log on from time to time to see how things are going. I will use this thread to post some pics. If Ef will be so kind as to allow me to photograph him, I hope to have one taken of he and I and post it here as well.

2. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Hey Dave:

I hope you realize I will be traveling with you (in spirit anyways). I hope you have a great trip and enjoy your time with Ef.
    Looking forward to any pics you find time to post.
    Have fun!

Perry

3. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

I thought the picture on my avatar is more than enough.....:rolling:
    Whatever the case, I'm really looking forward to Dave's visit and the day we plan to spend together. I've never worked as a tour guide, but I hope to do some travelling with him around David's "stomping grounds" to the south and the west of Jerusalem. Tops on the "to visit" list is the Valley of Elah, where (the original) David killed Goliath and brought to the defeat of the Philistines. If his baggage allowance will permit, maybe he'll take some stones from the river bed.
    This morning I put a label on a bottle of my 2011-2012 Mead so it will be worthty of presentation to him. Honey, of course, goes without saying......
    I hope the heat won't be too rough on him, Tomorrow, when he arrives, it's expected to be really hot, but then cool off......
    Welcome to Israel Dave.

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

well wishes to you dave on your adventure to israel, and also enjoy your day with efmesch! i will look forward to any updates/photos from either of you!

"If his baggage allowance will permit, maybe he'll take some stones from the river bed."

....that would be cool...:grin:

5. ORoedel

ORoedel New Member

Shalom! What wonderful destiny: Jerusalem! MANY years ago I had an israelian girlfriend, so I visited her country. Wow! You feel the spirit of God. I saw milk in the desert, but nothing of honey, OK I wasn´t a beekeeper this time :)
    You will love your trip, great nature and people! God bless you all!

6. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

What a great adventure! Prayers for a safe journey. You must keep us posted! It's the rules! :rules:

7. Walt B

Walt B New Member

I hope you both have a wonderful time. Looking forward to photos.

Walt

8. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

greg~
    "You must keep us posted! It's the rules! :rules:"

yeah, what greg said dave!........:lol:

9. Lburou

Lburou Member

Subscribed :drinks:

10. jb63

jb63 New Member

Ditto Lee,subscribed.

11. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Dave's on the plane now---should be landing soon and transfering to his hotel in Tiberias. On the 14th he moves to a hotel in Jerusalem. Don't get the idea that we'll be together all the time--Dave will be with his group during all of his stay (June 13-20) except for the 18th, when we have reserved the day together (a free day for the tour).
    He's taking his tablet with him, so maybe he'll check in to the forum from time to time and, if possible, drop a note.

12. jb63

jb63 New Member

Ef, did you put a fresh coat of paint on your hives?

13. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

dave, i sure hope your tour group likes SQUIRRELS!...........:lol:

ps thanks ef!

14. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Hi guys, ha! You guys are a hoot! I made it! Long and tiring journey. All settled in at hotel in Tiberias. Wonderful view from my balcony of the sea of Galilee! About 200 yards from me. I am waking up before sunrise to snap some photos. I will post some pics and more updates soon. I paid $5 for this 30 minutes to check in. I may have free access on the tour bus tomorrow. Ef, the honey made it over safely. I look forward to getting it to ya. The security for the Israeli airline was intense! Took me off guard. But, I love my experience so far. Be good ya all...

15. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Glad you had a safe trip, Dave. Looking forward to hearing more.

16. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

"I paid $5 for this 30 minutes to check in."

well we are worth it, and if you run of 5 dollar bills, maybe we will have to take a collection up for ya!........:lol:
    thanks for the update!

17. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Glad you're ok! Have a good time! :D

18. Lburou

Lburou Member

A mere five dollars? I'll bet you get taxed, levied and assessed all the time.....Its the cost of living in the fast lane Dave. ;)

19. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Good to hear you arrived safe and sound! Looking forward to hearing more. :thumbsup:

20. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

It's Thursday night here in Israel and I just spoke a short while with Dave. He had a great and adventurous day today (but I'll let him tell the stories, why deliver it second hand?). I had to put him at ease about bringing honey back with him to the US---I've done it many times and never had any difficulties with it (and I'm not a smuggler).
    Tomorrow he moves his hotel dwellings from Tiberias to Jerusalem.
    ​The change of time zones has his biological clock a bit messed up but he hopes to be able to sleep well tonight.