Blueblood's Adventure to Israel

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blueblood, Jun 11, 2013.

1. blueblood

blueblood New Member

2. kebee

kebee Active Member

Looks as though you are having a great time, sure wish I could have been with you to see EF but mostly to have seen Israel, want to go there so bad I can almost taste it. May not make it in this life but I sure hope to in the next when the King comes back.

Kebee

3. jb63

jb63 New Member

Great pics Dave,I bet you and EF had some great conversations.:thumbsup:

4. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

like jb63 said dave, great photos! i enjoyed the pics!

5. Walt B

Walt B Active Member

Looks like both of you are having a great time. :thumbsup: Thanks for the photos and commentary.

Walt

6. Lburou

Lburou Member

A lot to fit into only one day! I wonder, does Ef sleep in that hat? ;)

7. DonMcJr

DonMcJr New Member

Ver Very Cool!:thumbsup:

8. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

It took me a while to get back home after dropping Dave off at his hotel, so he got the chance to make his posts before me. First of all, I'll say I had a great time together with him. He's a terriffic traveller and did a great deal to boost my ego---I would talk and he kept writing it down. I wish my students of past years had been as attentive to my lessons. Dave is an enthusiastic traveler and I'm fortunate that everywhere one steps in Israel is filled with important historical events, so there was a lot to tell.
    I'll give you "labels" for some of the pics he posted:
    first set: 1. In the tomb of Rachel (Bethlehem) 2.I think it was a mis-shot, but it seems to be of the stone used in the facdades of most buildings in the Jerusalem area. 3-4. Wild shrubs of Vitus agnus-castus, a summer honey flower. 5. Dave collecting stones from the dry stream bed wher the original David collected stones used against Goliath. 6-7. Dave by himself and and his guide for the day in the Valley of Elah, with the mountains where the Philistine forces camped in the background.
    Set 2:
    1. Canes of Foeniculum vulgare, an anise flavored weed that flowers in the spring months (long behind us). 2-3 climbing an unexcavated archelological Tel in the Adulam area one of (young (pre-King) David's stomping grounds. 4. Together with Dave at the top of the Herodion archeological site. 5. The "gifts" it was my pleasure to give Dave, for the pleasure of having been able to host him, albeit briefly.

9. bamabww

bamabww Active Member

That was very gracious of you Efmesch. I'm sure you enhanced Dave's trip greatly.

10. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Fantastic Voyage. I very much enjoyed the pics and the narrative.

11. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

thank you ef.....
    enjoyed....:grin:

12. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Now I got to see my pictures so I'll share them with you: DSC01204.jpg Dave taking in the sights and breathing the fresh clean air of the Elah valley
    DSC01205.jpg Dave climbs out of the dry river bed with his collection fo "Goliath-killing" stones. DSC01206.jpg Fellow travellers peacefully enjoying the sights of an ancient battleground.

DSC01207.jpg Dave with the hidden fortress of the Herodian in the background

13. Eddy Honey

Eddy Honey New Member

What an awesome thread about an awesome adventure!

Thanks Dave and Ef!!

14. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

What a wonderful thread. It is truly miraculous that the internet allows people from one side of the world to the other to actually bond into lasting friendships. It sure appears that Dave and Ef both had a wonderful time. Gee, I wish I could have been there.

15. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Dave and Lazy---when you come for a visit it will be my pleasure to do some traveling with you too. :grin:

16. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

A great story with a happy ending! :drinks:

17. lazy shooter

lazy shooter New Member

Ef:

I'm starting an extended trip to Alaska on this coming Thursday. If the Good Lord gives me another year, a trip to Israel is a possibility. The pictures and the descriptions are so beautiful. Gee whiz, the little boy in me would like to see the gorge where David picked up stones to use in a sling shot. Of course, the serious side of me would like to see so many of Holy History locations.

18. tmrschessie

tmrschessie New Member

Looks like you had a good time...the area strongly resembles parts of AZ....just no check points LOL ...I have been in many parts of the world, so fully understand your emotional need to see some of it and then return home. Nice pictures Dave. Tom

19. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Lazy--the invitation will still be open next year, providing that the good Lord gives me another year too. :roll:
    Tom--one of the amazing things about Israel is that is has so many different geographical regions packed into such a small space. People generally tend to think (especially, considering the amount of news coverage that is given over to what happens here) that Israel is at least as big as Alaska. In fact, it's about as big as NJ.