Bonsai

Discussion in 'General Gardening' started by No_Bivy, Dec 26, 2009.

1. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

A few of my trees.......anyone else have Bonsai?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Charles

Charles New Member

Very nice, I've never tried growing bonsai before, from what I understand it takes a fair amount of patience to get them to grow the way you want them to...and keep them trimmed :)

3. Mama Beek

Mama Beek New Member

I enjoy looking at other folks' bonsai trees but I just don't have the patience for them. I keep telling myself that when my kids are grown up and I'm less busy I'll explore the world of well tended plants more. Yours look great! I like the first one best.

4. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

time.....they dont require that much. Each tree, a little here and there. Big push to re-pot in the spring...thats the hardest part. Then I just cruise through them in the eve as I am winding down. Few snips here, few there. I have close to 50 in pots...few others in the ground. I think you need a few or you will get bored fast

then there is the winter, move them around a few times. I try not to leave them out if it goes less then 28. That part can be a drag. I leave them in a "cold"room, for most of the winter.

5. BjornBee

BjornBee New Member

I have three pine trees that has been rubbed by bucks every year for the past 6 or 7 years. I think they are about 18 inches high so far. Does that count? :thumbsup:

Very nice bonzai pictures.

6. No_Bivy

No_Bivy New Member

One of my buds has a couple of really cool hackberrries which were collected from a cow pasture....cows ate the new growth all the time. Trunks were 4" in dia and only two feet tall....very cool starter method