Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many people are interested in swarm traps this year. It seems there are many questions like how to build, where to place, what to put in them, and so on. Of course someone here will answer all those questions.

But may I suggest for those who are setting out swarm traps, an excellent book on the topic. It covers swarming, control, causes, prevention, etc. It is a collection of articles that include some really great research from Cornell University. The book costs $5.00 and that included shipping the last time I checked.

You can get it from Root publications by calling 1-800-289-7668 and asking for item #X56 called swarming.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pritt,
I called today and they confirmed that the book is being discontinued. I grabbed the last couple they had. I'll be more than happy to send you a copy. The book costs me $5 and I'm not sure what media mailing for overseas is, but I'll check at the post office if your interested. Should not be more than 2-3 dollars.

Take care.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Bjorn, how about posting the name and the author's name here. Maybe we can find it on Amazon, either new or used.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bjorn...Well done indeed...Please send a copy...Much appreciated..I think you have my details?

Iddee, I think I,ve looked on Amazon but no joy :cry: Didnt have the authors name though, so not sure if that might help?

pritt

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Iddee said:
Bjorn, how about posting the name and the author's name here. Maybe we can find it on Amazon, either new or used.
Now why would I do that??? Didn't you just read that I snatched up the last copies and for the incredible low price of $29.95, I'll be glad to send you a copy... :lol:

There is no author. It is a collection of articles published in Bee Culture over the years, with supporting research. It covers research at Cornell, with people such as Bonney, Ott, Morse, and others. It is a soft cover book of 62 pages. But for anyone wanting to learn about swarms, it is very good to have.

The ISBN is 0-936028-09-2

·
Registered
19 Posts
Re:

BjornBee said:
Pritt,
I called today and they confirmed that the book is being discontinued. I grabbed the last couple they had. I'll be more than happy to send you a copy. The book costs me $5 and I'm not sure what media mailing for overseas is, but I'll check at the post office if your interested. Should not be more than 2-3 dollars.

Take care.

Bjorn Hi,

Would you be able to or have you already sent a copy of the swarming book to me?
Kind regards
pritt

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Re:

prittstick said:
BjornBee said:
Pritt,

Take care.

Bjorn Hi,

Would you be able to or have you already sent a copy of the swarming book to me?
Kind regards
pritt
Pritt,
I finally got the shipment.
Do me a favor, send me your shipping info again, and I'll get a copy out ASAP. I know I have it somewhere but it will save time if you just send it to me.
Take Care, Mike.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mike good to hear from you.....

Tim Hollamby
Woods Cottage
Witherenden Hill
Burwash Etchingham
East Sussex
TN197JL
United Kingdom