bought a skid steer

Discussion in 'The Rural Life' started by riverrat, Sep 12, 2010.

1. riverrat

riverrat New Member

after getting the machine shop set it didnt take long to figure out i was going to need a fork lift. I hated to spend the money on a machine that would set 90 percent of the time and be hard to sell if I ever got where i didnt need it so the wife and I talked it over and descided on a skid steer with forks. We been looking for awhile I finally picked up one that is a 1989 new holland model 555 with 1400 hrs on it. I bought it from the 2nd owner he bought it from a dealership that took it in on a trade from a horse farm that used it to clean stalls he has had it for 15 years and only used it to move things around the farm because he has a bad neck. Everything works hydraulics are good and tight has a kabota diesel engine. We had priced similar skid steers and they was 7 to 9 grand got this one for half that at auction and its a lot more versital I can use it for moving bees, leveling ground, fork lift for shop, snow removal and it will be easier to sell than a forklift if I ever descide to sell it

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

sounds like you got a good deal. There are so many attachments for a skid steer, very versatile.