Boy did I get a deal today!

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by PerryBee, Jan 28, 2011.

1. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

:yahoo:
    Came across an ad in the Canadian version of Craigslist.
    For sale - 2 boxes beekeeping frames- contents 100 deep 9 1/8 frames top grooved, bottom grooved.
    Turns out it's 2 boxes with 100 frames each, price ?
    25 bucks for it all !!!!!!!
    The shipping will be more (around $40) but a box of 100 deeps up here cost $115 plus tax plus shipping
    Gotta go buy a lottery ticket!

2. Ladyleo191

Ladyleo191 New Member

Well done! Nothing like a great deal to make one's day!

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

That is a good deal!!

Did you think to ask if they had anything else for sale??

That would cost you $150 here (unassembled with the nails from WTK) plus shipping.

4. fatbeeman

fatbeeman New Member

Perry bee
    boy I thought I was a good shopper /trader.
    Don

:yahoo: :Dancing:

5. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

G3farms:
    Actually I did ask. This guy has a store and he buys bunchs of stuff that has been sent back by places like Walmart and Costco and other businesses. He said they will turn away a skid of stuff if several boxes are damaged. Every now and then he told me he gets bee stuff from smaller businesses. He said last year he sold a "honey separator" for $50. When I asked for a little more detail I discovered he meant an extractor.
    I told him to keep my name, number, and email address for future bee related stuff.
    My best deal of all time was when I first got into beekeeping and I was looking for my first extractor. I called a supply store that was getting out of beekeeping supplies and going bigtime with the wax and candlemaking end of things. When I asked if they had any extractors left they said no. Then the guy says"wait a minute, I've got a 2 frame rental that I am tired of chasing down, it's dirty but if you come down I'll give you a deal on it. I went straight there and lo and behold it was a S/S Maxant. I asked him what he wanted. He said $25 and it's yours! :Dancing:
    I still have the receipt but it is quite faded and doesn't show up well. Still have the extractor too. :mrgreen:
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    It don't look too bad all cleaned up eh?
    Got a Dadant 20 framer I hope to set up one of these days but ol'betsy still serves me well!

6. milapostol

milapostol New Member

Dang, you sure have snagged some good deals. Even with the shipping, that was a steal!!!
    Hmmm...you're reminding me of this college roommate of mine, she used to always win these contests on the local radio station, but she would always call up and try to win.

So I guess the moral of the story is to look around and ASK!!! Good reminder!