Brother came to see the bees

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by crazy8days, Jul 9, 2012.

1. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

My brother came over today to see the bees for the first time. He was totally amazed how calm they seem. The sun was hitting the hive and the bees were doing their thing. His comment was that there were hardly any bees flying around. I told him to put his back to the sun and look up in the blue sky. WoW! It looks like an airport! He was surprised that bees were going everywhere and he didn't even noticed. I opened one of the hives (taking a dare not suited up) and showed him they were too busy to mind us. Next year he wants me to put some hives on his property. Got one hooked!

2. JUDELT

JUDELT New Member

3. Dunkel

Dunkel New Member

Gutsy move, Maverick!

4. Omie

Omie New Member

I love hearing things like this. And think of the people in the future that your brother will in turn inspire to get bees....

5. blueblood

blueblood New Member

Awesome...I'm glad neither of you got tagged so he didn't have second thoughts. It's awesome to bring people on board with this craft for the sake of the bees. I got a co-worker hooked and a friend another person this week. I am building his hive this week and hope to find a cutout soon before it's too late for this season. His 31 year old wife is in remission from stage 4 breast cancer with God's grace. Their dietician turned their food choices upside down and one of the things they wanted to do was incorporating a natural sweetner, honey. But, they were set back by the current price of natural honey. So, I told them if they bought the hive I would build and manage it until they had time to themselves. I guess were kind of like apiary missionaries huh? :smile:

6. Zulu

Zulu Member

Awesome , when I do that I make sure they are a little further away than me , so if a tag is coming it is me that gets it, and unless a bad one I don't even let them know I took one, occasionally I cannot pretend and might color the sky with a comment :grin: When the pain is too much...

7. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Dunkel, :hi:
    Welcome to you on your first post in the forum. We look forward to hearing your bee tales and wish you the same gutsiness and success as Crazy8days. :cool:

8. crazy8days

crazy8days New Member

Good for you!