Bryan's bee tree 6-23-11

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by G3farms, Jun 24, 2011.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Got a call this morning about a bee tree that had fallen, took out the power lines and narrowly missed a car and the house. KUB (the electric co.) would not work on the lines because of the bees so the home owner tied a chain to it and drug it out of the way. Huge maple tree and one of the large limbs had broken off in the recent storm we just had. Made quick work of it and they were just amazed at not getting stung since the home owner had taken several to the head trying to drag it out of the way.

A little trim work with the saw, covered both ends with the old sheets and duct tape, plugged the entrance with burlap rag and they even helped me load it on the trailer. Not a single sting, imagine that. Good crowd that was wanting to listen and learn with plenty of basic questions, what a delight. Was told another beekeeper had been there before me but said he could do nothing with it, thanks Aaron :thumbsup:

[attachment=4:3k8w0v8f]359.JPG[/attachment:3k8w0v8f]
    coming off of the trailer

[attachment=3:3k8w0v8f]362.JPG[/attachment:3k8w0v8f]
    air borne.........once again

[attachment=2:3k8w0v8f]364.JPG[/attachment:3k8w0v8f]
    this is the debris that fell out of the bottom...........

[attachment=1:3k8w0v8f]383.JPG[/attachment:3k8w0v8f]
    including what was left of the baby racoon :shock: :lol: :lol:

[attachment=0:3k8w0v8f]376.JPG[/attachment:3k8w0v8f]
    setting up and tied off to telephone pole, right side about half way up is the original entrance, but there is a hole the size of your fist on the bottom on the other side they will probably use now.

Will leave them there for a while and let them get their house back in order, hopefully the queen made it through it all. Was told it had thrown off several swarms.

Attached Files:

• 359.JPG
      359.JPG
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 362.JPG
      362.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • 364.JPG
      364.JPG
      File size:
      2.2 MB
      Views:
    • 383.JPG
      383.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    • 376.JPG
      376.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
  2. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Thanks. These pictures help so much. Good luck.

3. LtlWilli

LtlWilli New Member

Thank you for the nice pics. Looks like you did real good. Good luck!
    LtlWilli

4. Bens-Bees

Bens-Bees New Member

Not sure if this is the one I referred to you or not... the name sounds familiar though... were they wanting it done free or very cheap and located in West Knoxville? If so then that's the one I referred to you (sorry for sending you one that wanted it done free/ultra cheap, but it wasn't worth my gas money to go out West for that and figured if you were right there by them, then maybe you could afford to do it cheaper than I could).

5. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Nope this one was up off of Whittle Springs Rd. Went and looked at the one you were called about, it was a big pine tree, would have needed to split it on site and I did not have the time so I passed it on to another fella. Randall was excited to get the tree. he lives in Lenior City so not too far away.