Bulk sugar seller in Michigan?

Discussion in 'General Beekeeping' started by queen_bee09, Sep 2, 2010.

1. queen_bee09

queen_bee09 New Member

Hi,
    We are looking at beekeeping as another form of income, basically we want to integrate it into many other areas of agriculture, and we are hoping to expand very quickly over the next year. With that said, I would like some help with finding a bulk sugar supplier in Michigan. Michigan Sugar which operates under Pioneer and Big Chief, won't sell anything over 100lbs to private buyers. Plus its more exspensive than Wal-Mart through them. I tried Google, but all you get are candy sellers and weird sites from China. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Depending on what you mean by "expand", 100 pounds of sugar is nothing. I buy that much when I find it on sale at wally world in the 4 or 5 pound bags. You just have to keep an eye out for the sales, I have found it cheaper by the pound in smaller packages (4 or 5 pounders) than the 50 pound bags.

How much were you looking at purchasing at one time?

There is a thread on here of a member buying thick sugar syrup by the barrel for cheap.

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

4. queen_bee09

queen_bee09 New Member

Well right now we have 24 hives and by the end of next year we will have approx 170-200 from doing splits and buying new packages. So we need a lot. Basically the more we can get, the better.

5. rast

rast New Member

My best deal this past year came from my Fl. Dadant supplier. Half the price of any one else I could find. He buys out of date sugar. None available right now. He told me to check back Oct/Nov.

6. Iddee

Iddee New Member