Burying my father-in-law today

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bamabww, Aug 15, 2013.

1. bamabww

bamabww New Member

Would appreciate your prayers for the family today and the near future. Mr. Whisenant always treated me like a son. He had two daughters and gave me his blessing to marry one of them. He lived a long life, almost 90 years, and up until he got sick, spent all but 16 months within 2 miles of where he was born. I asked him one time if he ever went up north, like so many southerners did in the 40's and 50's to find work and he said, " we did go north one time but we came back home as soon as the (Grand Ole) Opry was over."

He's been sick for well over a year now and finally died in his sleep in a Birmingham hospital. It was a relief to everyone as he had suffered for so long. He was ready to go and told me, "Wayne, I'm gonna die and can say I'm at peace with God and everyone else."

My prayer for us all is we can say that when our time comes.

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

There is no more blessed way to die than in one's sleep. We all must meet our maker, fortunate are those who make the trip in peace. Your father in law obviously lived a long and happy life and touched those he lived with in a positive way. May his memory be for a blessing. My consolations to your wife too, who undoubtedly feels the loss even more deeply.
    Heartfelt blessings to the whole family.
    ​Ef

3. Walt B

Walt B New Member

Wayne, My condolences to you, your wife, and family. You all will be kept in our prayers.

Walt

4. Iddee

Iddee New Member

efmesch said it better than I could. Ditto what he said.

5. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Wayne may God be with you and your family's to it grant you peace in this time of sorrow. His passing comes as a release as he is no longer suffering, and all though you are releaved his suffering is over the finality that you have to say goodby for the last time it emotional to endure. Our thought and prayers are with you and your family.

Keith

6. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Goodbye's are never easy, but I would take comfort in those words he spoke to you. You and yours are in my thoughts.

7. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

Sorry for your loss. He's in a much better place where there's no suffering or tears. :)

8. Lburou

Lburou Member

I am sorry for your loss Wayne, it puts a fine point on our own mortality, and sometimes it surprises us.

9. brooksbeefarm

brooksbeefarm New Member

My thoughts and prayers are with your family Wayne. I had good inlaws and miss them, like you said, they treated me like there son also. Jack

10. riverbee

riverbee Active Member

wayne,
    my thoughts, prayers and best wishes to you and your family, take care, and as ef said, heartfelt blessings.....

11. Gypsi

Gypsi Super Moderator Staff Member

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers

12. gunsmith

gunsmith New Member

Sorry for your loss Wayne, thoughts and prayers sent your way.