Busy day today, forty cells emerging on a day I wanted to make splits

Discussion in 'Raising Queens' started by Americasbeekeeper, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Americasbeekeeper

Americasbeekeeper New Member

I had a b usy day today, forty cells were emerging on a day I wanted to make splits. Only two died before I could cage them. i intended to use only the mated marked queens for the splits. I am using Karnika/Aurea. They were good for me last year. A fourth of my holdings are Buckfast, but not todays lot. IMG_1910.jpg

2. camero7

camero7 Member

Haven't tried them but hear good things about them. Latshaw is a good breeder I believe. did you get your stock from Miksa?

3. Americasbeekeeper

I did get them from Miksa. My wife was complaining I had too many supers stored. Now I need to buy more after making 50 splits. I have some makeshift covers and bottom boards just to get me through the weekend. That line of hives is doubled if I had another picture plus half in the back of the farm.

4. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Looking good Gary I hope for good mating with them. No african bees in your area?

5. Americasbeekeeper

6. ApisBees

ApisBees Active Member

Nice to hear that. Hope it stays that way for you.

7. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

I wish I had another 50 boxes right now I feel your pain, I have ever box on I have atm and still fall way short of whats needed but then again I dont remember flows like this, this time last year the girls were not bringing much in and now its like a spring flow.

8. Americasbeekeeper

I moved several nucs to every 10 frame set I had ready, and added a super to all existing 10 frame hives. The books say you make bees or you make honey. These bees are not reading the books.

9. Zookeep

Zookeep Active Member

new batch of queens myself, this 1 I just moved into a 10 frame box from a nuc, ya Gary I think they just know more then the guy that wrote the book and like reminding us of that lol see the bulging honey

Attached Files: