Beekeeping Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a call from James to go get a swarm since he is laid up in the hospital for a bit. It was at a used car lot and they had landed on a steel light pole. Nice little swarm and very gentle, this was a quick scoop and run. Had a blast with these guys as you can see. This area seems to be a good area to put out some traps. I got a swarm at the Ford place just down the street and ran through one on the interstate just beyond that last year. Daniel said there was a swarm in his mailbox two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89x...DvjVQa1PpcFMdnP-dxgEo5NLjo47XybQTRY6R4PEL3Nk=

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
Nice catch G3. Do people ever ask you if you put any special cream on your hands to keep the bees from stinging you?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Really good video G3. :thumbsup:
When I first read a swarm on a street light pole I was figuring about 20-30 feet up (would have been if it were me).
Nice catch and great PR.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks for getting them G3, I'm glad i could give them to someone like youto and not get sprayed. I'm trying to get better, thats 3 that I have had to miss over this now.
Glad u had some fun with them.

James

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James you just lay there and answer the phone, I'll be glad to do all the hard work!:thumbsup:

When I put them in a nuc box I did see the queen, she looked like a little virgin. As small as this swarm was I would say it was an after swarm.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
G3 says--Never heard of a special cream.

Efmesch says---Neither have I, but it's surprising how many people, watching a beek collecting a swarm, will make that assumption. I've been "accused" more than once of using such a non-existant application to keep me from getting stung while collecting swarms. I think it's just that too many people can't believe one can handle bees without getting attacked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts