C & N swarm 4-9-12

Discussion in 'Swarms, Cut outs, and Trap outs' started by G3farms, Apr 10, 2012.

1. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Got a call from James to go get a swarm since he is laid up in the hospital for a bit. It was at a used car lot and they had landed on a steel light pole. Nice little swarm and very gentle, this was a quick scoop and run. Had a blast with these guys as you can see. This area seems to be a good area to put out some traps. I got a swarm at the Ford place just down the street and ran through one on the interstate just beyond that last year. Daniel said there was a swarm in his mailbox two years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89x...DvjVQa1PpcFMdnP-dxgEo5NLjo47XybQTRY6R4PEL3Nk=

2. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

Nice catch G3. Do people ever ask you if you put any special cream on your hands to keep the bees from stinging you?

3. G3farms

G3farms New Member

Never heard of a special cream, have heard of people smoking their hands though.

4. PerryBee

PerryBee New Member

Really good video G3. :thumbsup:
    When I first read a swarm on a street light pole I was figuring about 20-30 feet up (would have been if it were me).
    Nice catch and great PR.

5. Slowmodem

Slowmodem New Member

You make it look effortless! :)

6. jmblakeney

jmblakeney New Member

Thanks for getting them G3, I'm glad i could give them to someone like youto and not get sprayed. I'm trying to get better, thats 3 that I have had to miss over this now.
    Glad u had some fun with them.

James

7. G3farms

G3farms New Member

James you just lay there and answer the phone, I'll be glad to do all the hard work!:thumbsup:

When I put them in a nuc box I did see the queen, she looked like a little virgin. As small as this swarm was I would say it was an after swarm.

8. Bsweet

Bsweet Member

Very nice job, way to go.

9. Medic1259

Medic1259 New Member

Best wishes hope for a speedy recovery

10. efmesch

efmesch Active Member

G3 says--Never heard of a special cream.

Efmesch says---Neither have I, but it's surprising how many people, watching a beek collecting a swarm, will make that assumption. I've been "accused" more than once of using such a non-existant application to keep me from getting stung while collecting swarms. I think it's just that too many people can't believe one can handle bees without getting attacked.